• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds ticket gates retaining break of journey tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUC

Established Member
My daughter was travelling from Burley Park to Halifax and broke her journey at Leeds. When she did so, she found that her ticket had been retained by the gate and had to get staff to retrieve it. When she explained the situation she was advised that the gates would interpret a journey of that nature as having been completed at Leeds. Can that be correft? BRFares shows no break of journey restrictions. Are gates set to interpret some tickets that do not have that station as the terminus to nevertheless treat them as such?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
The barriers at Leeds seem to be pretty badly programmed compared to most.

robbeech

Established Member
Agreed, i have lost a day ranger style ticket there before (which was retrieved by the same grumbling staff member who refused to look at my ticket and made me put it in the barrier). Since that date i always show a ticket to someone, and in fairness i haven't been asked to put it into the barrier again.

Status
Not open for further replies.