• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Licky Incline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class 92

Where is the best place to go to film trains on the Licky Incline? Also how easy is it to get there using Public Transport?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The best spot is Vigo footcrossing which is off Alcester Road in Burcot. Can't help with public transport. Other decent spot is the fields off Pikes Pool Lane.

Class 92

I've found Alcester Road on Google maps but cant seem to see any foot crossings?

Class 92

Found it now, I was looking at a different point where the same road goes under the railway line.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Or join the Scouts and go camping at Blackwell Court; did this in summer 1980 - ten days camped literally just below the summit and in those days it was mostly 45s thundering up the incline on passengers ( 37s on freights )... :D

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Any time I go there I get a train to Bromsgrove and walk. For me takes somewhere under 30 minutes, a more-less simple straight route as you follow the course of the line. Naturally, most of it is uphill, but easier coming back. I found the route on Google Maps by just following the road that goes beside the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.