• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Life after the end of "lockdown" 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
What happened to Johnsons plans to tackle the obesity crisis?

I can see the predicted hike in taxes will be focused on the obesity issue. Its like the idiots in Parliament will punish us twice - keep us all at home without a structured exercise routine (therefore developing excess weight and poor diets) then they hit us in the pocket with a 'fat' tax which will be focused on 'bad' foods/beverages and maybe health care for things like heart disease or diabetes. Nice one Boris!

CJ

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kez19

Established Member
I can see the predicted hike in taxes will be focused on the obesity issue. Its like the idiots in Parliament will punish us twice - keep us all at home without a structured exercise routine (therefore developing excess weight and poor diets) then they hit us in the pocket with a 'fat' tax which will be focused on 'bad' foods/beverages and maybe health care for things like heart disease or diabetes. Nice one Boris!

CJ

I already thought we had the "sugar tax" ? .... i'll expect even sweets that are already small to get even smaller and be a bit more expensive!

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
My town (Worthing) now has the lowest COVID rate per 100,000 in England. Lower than the tier one areas of isle of wight and the Isles of Scilly and Cornwall, yet we’re in tier 2.
Don't worry Boris has promised your MP you will be looked upon favourably at the review as long you vote for the regulations tonight!!

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I already thought we had the "sugar tax" ? .... i'll expect even sweets that are already small to get even smaller and be a bit more expensive!

Maybe Wagon Wheels will become the size of a 10p coin.

CJ

HSTEd

Veteran Member
Maybe Wagon Wheels will become the size of a 10p coin.

CJ
Given the current age makeup of the Government's voter base, the only sweets permitted in the new world will be Wurther's Originals.

Bikeman78

Established Member

CJ
It seems that some restaurants that offer refillable drinks exclude the full sugar options, e.g. Beefeater won't do normal Pepsi, you have to ask for Pepsi Max. I could drink Pepsi until I threw up without putting on weight.

Similar thing with the Sainsbury's meal deal. Normal Coke is excluded, a fact that I only discovered at the checkout. I wouldn't mind so much if they just charged 10p extra but instead they charge the full price for all three items.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Come on now there are enough posts to create a whole thread on Wagon Wheels. I hope GM goes down to T2 next week or soon, as our infection rates are at an all-time low now and the NHS is under less pressure now the students are departing and the onset of winter is finally upon us for yet another year.

Now someone will ask me the last time I ate a WW, to which the answer is a resounding "Dunno!"

HSTEd

Veteran Member
Come on now there are enough posts to create a whole thread on Wagon Wheels. I hope GM goes down to T2 next week or soon, as our infection rates are at an all-time low now and the NHS is under less pressure now the students are departing and the onset of winter is finally upon us for yet another year.

Liverpool will go to Tier 1 before GM goes to Tier 2.
An example must be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.