• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Line closed between Larbert and Stirling

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks87

Established Member
A lot of disruption in Central Scotland this afternoon because of the above. Most services are terminating at Larbert or Falkirk Grahamston, with buses onward to Stirling and Dunblane, but the GLQ-ABD services are diverted and not calling at Stirling or Perth.

What would that diversion be? The only one I can think of right across to Edinburgh (Haymarket) and back out again through Fife, but that seems very roundabout.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Liam

Established Member
A lot of disruption in Central Scotland this afternoon because of the above. Most services are terminating at Larbert or Falkirk Grahamston, with buses onward to Stirling and Dunblane, but the GLQ-ABD services are diverted and not calling at Stirling or Perth.

What would that diversion be? The only one I can think of right across to Edinburgh (Haymarket) and back out again through Fife, but that seems very roundabout.

Glasgow QS-Winchburgh-Dalmeny-Dundee probably.

route:oxford

Established Member
A vehicle has struck a bridge near Stirling.

Because of this, the following alterations will apply until further notice:

Buses are replacing trains between Stirling and Larbert.
Glasgow Queen Street to Larbert trains are running at 18 minutes past each hour
Larbert to Glasgow Queen Street trains are running at 32 minutes past each hour
Edinburgh to Larbert trains are running at 04 minutes past each hour
Larbert to Edinburgh trains are running at 16 minutes past each hour
Edinburgh to Falkirk Grahamston trains are running at 34 minutes past each hour
Falkirk Grahamston to Edinburgh trains are running at 54 minutes past each hour
Glasgow Queen Street to Croy trains are running at 49 minutes past each hour
Croy to Glasgow Queen Street trains are running at 13 minutes past each hour
Trains between Glasgow Queen Street and Aberdeen are diverted and will not call at Stirling and Perth. Buses will run between Stirling and Perth
East Coast trains are diverted via Ladybank. A bus will run between Edinburgh, Stirling and Gleneagles. Passengers for Falkirk should use First ScotRail trains between Edinburgh and Falkirk High

There is already one service a day between Glasgow and Kirkcaldy that routes via Winchburgh.

rail-britain

Established Member
the GLQ-ABD services are diverted and not calling at Stirling or Perth.
What would that diversion be?
I remember when the line was flooded between Dunblane and Perth (but mainly just to the north of Gleneagles) for several weeks during the 1990s
Services were diverted as above, via Winchburgh, over the Forth Rail Bridge, then the Tay Bridge, missing out Perth and thus no need to retime

I travelled on this a few times, operated by Class 158 at the time, and the service was very quiet
There were also loads of announcements prior to departure it would only call at Dundee as first stop
Quite a few people got off with seconds to spare!

route:oxford

Established Member
That's the one.

Nasty kink on approach to either side, and as you can see (with the approaching bus on streetview) it's a primary route for buses as well as LGVs

To be honest, looking at the pictures - I'd hate to be a cyclist or a pedestrian on that road - the sides of the bridge are only about knee height.

Status
Not open for further replies.