• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

line codes on WTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cundy66

Can anyone decode me the line/route codes that are shown on real time trains
DS/UF/FL/UM/UNF/D/UN etc.....

these I have put down are what I have come across thanks for help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
It varies by line (especially the more complex ones like UNF), but, generally speaking, DS is Down Slow, UF is Up Fast and UM is Up Main.

louis97

Established Member
In order you put them:

Down Slow
Up Fast
Fast Line
Up Main
UNF can depend on the area, for an EMT service around Nottingham it will mean Up Nottingham Fast
D can also depend on the area, for an EMT service around Nottingham it will mean Line D
UN can also depend on the area, for an EMT service around Nottingham it will mean Up Nottingham, or Up Newark.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Depends on their location really as some will be geographically specific, UF will be Up Fast, DS will be Down Slow, FL is Fast Line, SL is Slow Line etc etc....

Welshman

Established Member
Depends on their location really as some will be geographically specific, UF will be Up Fast, DS will be Down Slow, FL is Fast Line, SL is Slow Line etc etc....

In the 1960s and 70s, Yorkshire-bound trains from platform 13 at Manchester Victoria could see "CF" or "CS" in the theatre-type indicators.

"CF" meant "Cheetham Fast" - not a reference to the train fares as some contemporary wags suggested - but the fast line through Cheetham Hill.

Not a problem now, as the Cheetham loop was disbanded some time ago [and now hosts part of the Metrolink like to Rochdale].

Status
Not open for further replies.