• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Live 8 - Your thoughts

What did you think of the Live 8 in London?

• Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Not bad

• Bad

• Really Bad

• Awful

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Well, for some today they've made history and for many others it's the second time. The 2nd of July saw the Live 8 concerts organised by Bob Geldof in aid of poverty. Like many, I was watching it on TV. Here's my opinion:

I thought the performances were half-half with Madonna easily giving the best! I do feel that this event was rushed as many performers started out in "bad" form, sounding like they hadn't rehearsed. I also felt that the crowd were "quite" fed up after a while and felt like nothing special was happening. Also being told by the, "delectible" ;), Fearn Cotton many times that the atmosphere was "estatic", "electric" etc, that the BBC didn't organise it well enough. You can say the event was live and big and there would be problems, but I've seen many big events that the BBC has been the main "Live" broadcaster and never has it been so un-organised.

Finally, please do not get me started on the suit Jonathan woss :D was wearing and the colour of the seat he was on :shock: :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I'm going to watch the US concert later, as it should be on after the UK concert which has JUST finished!

Dave A

tubechallenger said:
I'm going to watch the US concert later, as it should be on after the UK concert which has JUST finished!

JUST :shock: I thought it was supposed to finish at 10:50 :?

T

Tom

Well, I thought it had just finished, its going on still.

Tube services are staying on until all the concert people have cleared I believe, and there are extra train services planned now I believe.

Dave A

tubechallenger said:
Well, I thought it had just finished, its going on still.

Tube services are staying on until all the concert people have cleared I believe, and there are extra train services planned now I believe.

I'd leave them to it. Bob Geldof's got enough money to give them a ride home. :D :lol:

Simming

Live 8 Rocked!!! Some Excellent Bands played, My Fav Sets where UB40s, Madonna, The Who, and Paul Mc. The Best Altogether had to be4 Pink Floyd IMHO, 25 years since they last played, and boy do they sound great still. I sooooooo Wish I was there, Im soo jealious of my mates parents, they won tickets

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Live 8 was fantastic! Most of my favourite bands played, and all lived up to expectations - Snow Patrol, The Killers, U2, Razorlight and Keane. Also, singers that I've not been as impressed with before were superb live. Madonna's performance was amazing, and R Williams really got the crowds going.

I really enjoyed this, and hopefully the petition that was being signed by all the fans can make a difference to world poverty. Well done Bob Geldof, top concert!

Guinness

Established Member
I really enjoyed Live8! Give me something to listen to while reinstalling Windows! :)

TheSlash

Established Member
I was trying to get soon zzz's inbetween the International Festival Of the Sea {IFOS} and going to work, so i missed Velvet Revolver, just caught their interview afterwards
I saw The Who and i reckon they were the best act on there. Just been listening to Pink Flloyd {downloaded it and The Who} sounded pretty good
What i wanna know is, if Bobs' got so much money, why does he always have the same hat on?

Simming

Velvet Revolver Where pretty good, although like Jonathen Ross said, alot of the people dont understnad, or know about that kinda music.

does the real Slash have kids, cause when he was walking past fern cotten he was holding one.

The Floyd By Far where the best, ever the BBC opinion poll shows it!

TheSlash

Established Member
Slash has a few kids, yeah. I see Scott Weiland gave a good answer when asked if it was the biggest crowd he'd ever played to
What i wanna know is why the show relied on people from 20 years ago to be a fair slice of the big names

Status
Not open for further replies.