• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Live Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracked

Established Member
As there's a few people with an interest in music as well as trains, I think we need a thread for good gigs. I've been to a load this year, more or less constant between May & September, the highlights from this year:

High Llamas - Hebden Bridge - June
finally got to see them, what a treat it was too

Brave New Storm/Pocket Satellite - Sheffield - May
Went to see PS, heard one BNS song, both kicked bottom nicely

Haiku Salut - Derby - February
2nd gig of the year, surprisingly varied for a 3-piece

bonus points for Half Man Half Biscuit (Holmfirth), Laurel Canyons & Ginger Tom

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ManUtd

I love my music and have seen all my favourite solo or bands down the years but none this year,does that rule me out?

SS4

Established Member
Like ManUtd please let us win tomorrow I've seen pretty much everyone I want to see but none of them were this year. I'd like to see Sabaton at one point though

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Spent about £400 seeing the Eagles twice, would happily pay double that to do so again.

Last edited:

starrymarkb

Established Member
Covenant at Mera Luna has to be one of the most intense I've been to and was on the barrier.

Other highlights include I Like Trains's anniversary show.
Toyah at the Fleece
Heimataerde in the Pagan Village at WGT (because Knights in Armour playing EBM)

Lowlight - Marilyn Manson - he was shockingly bad supporting Within Tempation at M'era Luna!

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Only gig I have been to this year was by Passenger in Birmingham. It was in early November.

Heinz57

I don't really go to see music live. But I did go and see Madness live at Nottingham earlier this month.

That was awesome, I was quite near the front too!

Tracked

Established Member
I love my music and have seen all my favourite solo or bands down the years but none this year,does that rule me out?

no, I just stated this years because they were fresh in my memory, could've mentioned Guided by Voices in Manchester (2003) or The Fall in Doncaster (2000) tbh :D

Went out last night to The Leopard in Doncaster, fantastic gig for a fiver, 4 acts & all were really good: Martin Black, The Torn, The Monday Club, and The 48K's

Status
Not open for further replies.