• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool to London via Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris305

Is this journey valid?

I ask because I already have an Off-Peak Return from Liverpool to London, but will now be travelling from Chester for the outbound.

So if the route is valid, could I start at Chester with my existing ticket, or is it a new ticket/excess?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Chris

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes, it is. I would be astonished if it weren't.

kieron

Established Member
Just to add, what you proposed is valid on an "any permitted" off-peak return. The route is valid on maps CH+EJ, and the ticket uses the restriction 2C, which allows break of journey on both legs.

It would not be valid on a "London Midland Only" off-peak return. Partly because these use SK, and this doesn't allow break of journey on the outbound leg (as you would need to do to start at Chester). And partly because London Midland don't serve Chester anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.