• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM & First Class Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

furlong

Established Member
No action needed by the authorities

On the contrary, even the DfT could intervene on the basis that franchise operators must adhere to the TSA which does not provide for an option of denying the passenger the service to which they are entitled:

14 DISPATCH OF TICKETS
(1) Minimum Standard
The Operator will determine its own Ticket delivery arrangements which must be clearly explained to Purchasers before or at the time of purchase. The minimum Standard is that Tickets being despatched to destinations in the United Kingdom will be sent to Purchasers by First Class Post or other equivalent method.
(3) Arrangements to apply when Tickets dispatched by post are not received by the Purchaser
Where a Ticket has been despatched to the Purchaser by post, and does not arrive by the time specified when the transaction was completed, the Operator must advise the Purchaser to contact the Site through which the Ticket was purchased to establish how to obtain the Ticket for the journey purchased.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
On the contrary, even the DfT could intervene...
I don't deny that the DfT could get involved, I'm just saying that LM could stop offering free First Class delivery. Even at £1 per booking they would make money overall when replacement for lost tickets is taken into consideration.

Clip

Established Member
To end this whole situation(as obviously things get lost in the post which is something people forget) is that they should send everything tracked. Will cost the passenger more but piece of mind would be got. And wibble would be less.

Worth noting the rm policy of repaying lost items in stamps doesn't help a toc claiming from them though

mugam4

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I don't want to contact their customer services again as they haven't been useful so far, so I see it as pointless. I found the MD's email online so I'll write to him, and if nothing is forthcoming, I might try and arrange a chargeback.

And I'll be avoiding LM in future. One thing they said in particular, over South West Trains reissuing the tickets immediately:
"South West Trains can do what they like, that's nothing to do with us"

Which roughly translates to

"We know SWT offer better customer service and we're not interested in improving"

Which just about sums up my experience with them.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
They should perhaps consider offering the tracked but not signed for service RM have started offering recently to businesses.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Noting the TSA, though, I think not offering normal post could be within the wording of it (a tracked service, even if more expensive, is better than the minimum) while nothing says a charge cannot be applied for reissuing tickets.

This is not in the spirit of the TSA but in a court it is only the letter that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.