• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM Great Escape and the Bletchley incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
If there's no disruption then no, it won't be accepted.

However it is likely to continue, (but not as bad as today), so just keep up to date with NRES.

TheJRB

Established Member
My grandfather and I have a London Midland Great Escape voucher ready to take with us to London tomorrow that we intended to use for travel to Birmingham. A couple of things are obviously concerning us currently: the continuing disruption caused by the derailed 90 and the potentially bad weather.

Now assuming the weather goes in our favour and the WCML is still disrupted in the morning (the very train I was planning on us catching has been cancelled already according to NRE), is there any alternative travel opportunities? I understand that Chiltern are currently accepting LM and VT tickets, but what would the situation be with this offer?

I take it we would still have to go to Euston in order to get the tickets themselves, but then what?

As it happens, it's not too big a concern as my grandfather's sort of ruled out Birmingham now because of the predicted snow, but should all go well in that regard, would we just have to find something else to do?

embers25

Established Member
According to NRES LM are running an almost normal service bar one through Birmingham service so no reason for any Great Escape passenger to not use LM. However if I remember from an earlier thread Virgin have already said that in the event of ANY type of disruption they will not accept Great Escape which does fly in the face of the new so called inter-operator disruption ticket acceptance pact.

First class

Established Member
According to NRES LM are running an almost normal service bar one through Birmingham service so no reason for any Great Escape passenger to not use LM. However if I remember from an earlier thread Virgin have already said that in the event of ANY type of disruption they will not accept Great Escape which does fly in the face of the new so called inter-operator disruption ticket acceptance pact.

Where have they said that?

Virgin will accept them during disruption, as we will accept their tickets. Virgin have promoted the fact they aren't normally valid quite well through the use of warning posters, but that is just under normal circs.

Please forgive me if I am repeating myself but just to clarify, if the disruption is in operation tomorrow and though certain LM trains are running to Euston will it definitely be possible to travel from Moor St to Marylebone on Chiltern?

First class

Established Member
Please forgive me if I am repeating myself but just to clarify, if the disruption is in operation tomorrow and though certain LM trains are running to Euston will it definitely be possible to travel from Moor St to Marylebone on Chiltern?

Too early to advise sorry. You will need to check with NRES in the morning, or check the LM twitter feed. A lot can be done in a night.

TheJRB

Established Member
I noticed this on LM's twitter feed from five minutes ago in response to somebody asking about Great Escape validity on other TOCs:

@LondonMidland said:
No acceptance by others now things are back together again.

embers25

Established Member
Where have they said that?

Virgin will accept them during disruption, as we will accept their tickets. Virgin have promoted the fact they aren't normally valid quite well through the use of warning posters, but that is just under normal circs.

I was only quoting your own words in thread http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=58980 on 24 Jan at 2058!!!!

"VT have reminded LM that they will not honour these tickets, even in the event of disruption."

So are you now saying you were wrong?

First class

Established Member
I was only quoting your own words in thread http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=58980 on 24 Jan at 2058!!!!

"VT have reminded LM that they will not honour these tickets, even in the event of disruption."

So are you now saying you were wrong?

I didn't mean disruption this major!!! Especially that they "allegedly" caused.

I'm talking about having to wait for the next LM train if one is cancelled/very late etc... not if one is coming at all!

tgsh2011

VT are making quite clear on NRE and Twitter that they will accept LM tickets between Birmingham and Euston. This is not qualified in any way. Therefore a LM Great Escape ticket (which is a LM ticket) is valid today on VT as advertised. If any TM refused the GE ticket and proceedings were issued they would get nowhere!

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
VT are making quite clear on NRE and Twitter that they will accept LM tickets between Birmingham and Euston. This is not qualified in any way. Therefore a LM Great Escape ticket (which is a LM ticket) is valid today on VT as advertised. If any TM refused the GE ticket and proceedings were issued they would get nowhere!

I successfully travelled on VT today between Birmingham and Euston and back in 1st class (with freebies) on an LM great escape.

Both journeys I had no issues - guard glanced at my ticket and said thanks. I would guess they have been briefed to accept LM tickets.

NRE still says that Virgin will accept "LM customers".

Status
Not open for further replies.