• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM staff parking, New St.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

the sniper

Established Member
There is a railway staff car park around 10 minutes walk from New Street. Ask for a car park pass from your manager when you get to the depot. I doubt you'll get one while you're at 102 training, but you can ask. You might get it when you're shown the official walking route to the car park.

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, am I right in thinking it is this place?

The top review (it's a link to Yelp, so yeah, there are reviews) describes the place as being hellishly busy during Christmas shopping season. All car parks in central Birmingham are like that during Christmas shopping season! :lol:

There is a railway staff car park around 10 minutes walk from New Street. Ask for a car park pass from your manager when you get to the depot. I doubt you'll get one while you're at 102 training, but you can ask. You might get it when you're shown the official walking route to the car park.

Nice one, thanks for that. Will be using the train while at 102 anyway, it's just when I start shifts I'll need a car park.

notaide

Its Ellis Street Carpark, the whole of the staff from New Street use it, its just off the smallbrook Queensway and takes around 10 mins to walk to work, if you use the dodgy way that is!:D

You will be issued with a pass and walked the safe way on your training.

Im with Virgin and use the same car park.

Its Ellis Street Carpark, the whole of the staff from New Street use it, its just off the smallbrook Queensway and takes around 10 mins to walk to work, if you use the dodgy way that is!:D

You will be issued with a pass and walked the safe way on your training.

Im with Virgin and use the same car park.

Cheers. If the dodgy way is quicker I'll be using that! ;)

Geargrinder

There's THREE service cars and a van for the Smackheads - they're white, have blue lights on the roof and a siren.

Status
Not open for further replies.