• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Kings Cross & Leeds (06/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I haven’t been rejected (yet) but I’ve been asked to provide proof of GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent.

Maybe it was the grammatical errors on my hastily thrown together CV! :|

Abcde1234

I haven’t been rejected (yet) but I’ve been asked to provide proof of GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent.

I think everyone who did a teams interview was asked to provide proof of the qualifications. I read the forum for the last time jobs were advertised and everyone seemed to be asked then too. So I think it's standard.

Gareth90

What stage are you at? I haven't been asked to provide any certs yet. I did the video interview over 2 weeks ago.

What stage are you at? I haven't been asked to provide any certs yet. I did the video interview over 2 weeks ago.
I did my video interview a few weeks ago. It didn’t feel as though it went terribly well to be perfectly honest, I’m very surprised I haven’t received a rejection email given the amount of applicants in the process.

MeatAndTwoMeg

Why do you have to wait 3 months to resit the test? Can’t you do it sooner, as it’s not like you failed it, however just didn’t achieve their enhanced standard? (Sorry just need clarifying as confused by this!)
I asked that when they told me i could no longer attend. They said that even though it's not a fail, there must be at least a 6 month period to redo any OPC tests.

Gareth90

Fair en
I did my video interview a few weeks ago. It didn’t feel as though it went terribly well to be perfectly honest, I’m very surprised I haven’t received a rejection email given the amount of applicants in the process.
Thanks for replying. I'll dig my certs out just incase.

Ollyniks

I think everyone who did a teams interview was asked to provide proof of the qualifications. I read the forum for the last time jobs were advertised and everyone seemed to be asked then too. So I think it's standard.
you get asked for your qualifications after you complete the Teams interview. This is conducted after being successful on the video interview.

derailleur

I have also been asked to provide proof of qualifications whilst not receiving any outcome for my video interview (yet).

Its abit confusing that they have asked us two before giving us any results, whilst others have only been asked for proof of qualifications during/after the teams interview or have just been flat out rejected without asking for it.

Its going to be unprofessional/confusing from their side if they say I have failed the video interview next. They will basically be questioning my integrity . I’d get it if they gave me a result and asked please can you show proof when attending the teams interview not just randomly whilst they are still assessing videos.

Like I have mentioned earlier there is no clear consistency but I have to get used to it I guess .

Rosy

I have also been asked to provide proof of qualifications whilst not receiving any outcome for my video interview (yet).

Its abit confusing that they have asked us two before giving us any results, whilst others have only been asked for proof of qualifications during/after the teams interview or have just been flat out rejected without asking for it.

Its going to be unprofessional/confusing from their side if they say I have failed the video interview next. They will basically be questioning my integrity . I’d get it if they gave me a result and asked please can you show proof when attending the teams interview not just randomly whilst they are still assessing videos.

Like I have mentioned earlier there is no clear consistency but I have to get used to it I guess .
That is confusing but positive you have had an update.
I’m still patiently waiting with everything crossed!

Maybe things are different for KX than they are for Leeds.

I don’t think it’s unprofessional in the slightest. It’ll be a small team working through a high volume of applicants on a strict timescale.

Asking for qualifications is perhaps their way of trying to get ahead of the game in the event we pass the video interviews? Who knows the reason for their decision but my advice to you is to stay patient and as someone has already said - it’s positive for us that we’re still in the process. Spare a thought for those who tried just as hard and have received rejection emails.

TreacleMiller

I would agree its not un-professional. Its quite common in industry to ask for qualification proof AFTER a contract has been offered. Given the process steps involved for the Driving grade and costs It makes sense to ask for the grades once an applicant looks likely to progress.

I on the other hand havent had a no / yes or holding email since the Video interviews. Ah well.

I would agree its not un-professional. Its quite common in industry to ask for qualification proof AFTER a contract has been offered. Given the process steps involved for the Driving grade and costs It makes sense to ask for the grades once an applicant looks likely to progress.

I on the other hand havent had a no / yes or holding email since the Video interviews. Ah well.
It would seem odd to offer a contract of employment then ask for proof of qualifications after? Surely any employer would want to see these before any offer? Logic would tel you this.

derailleur

Maybe things are different for KX than they are for Leeds.

I don’t think it’s unprofessional in the slightest. It’ll be a small team working through a high volume of applicants on a strict timescale.

Asking for qualifications is perhaps their way of trying to get ahead of the game in the event we pass the video interviews? Who knows the reason for their decision but my advice to you is to stay patient and as someone has already said - it’s positive for us that we’re still in the process. Spare a thought for those who tried just as hard and have received rejection emails.
That’s a lot of assumptions you are making there fella,

How do you know they are a small team? On a strict deadline? Do you work for the LNER? They seem to be taking a long time to do the basics.

There is enough people about that think they know everything about recruitment for no apparent reason and are happy to assume and not challenge the recruitment processes. My advice to you is don’t make assumptions.

Re read what I have wrote about the CONSISTENCY.

MeatAndTwoMeg

I got a phone call one evening from the recruitment team and mentioned that I didn't expect a call outside of office hours (not that that's a problem, I prefer a late call to leaving my desk to talk about another job!). They told me that they do have a small team and are putting in extra hours to process our applications as quickly as possible. The person I spoke to seemed to genuinely care about keeping people informed, it's just the sheer volume of applicants they have makes it difficult. It's only been a month since the job was posted and we all know how long these applications can take.

That’s a lot of assumptions you are making there fella,

How do you know they are a small team? On a strict deadline? Do you work for the LNER? They seem to be taking a long time to do the basics.

There is enough people about that think they know everything about recruitment for no apparent reason and are happy to assume and not challenge the recruitment processes. My advice to you is don’t make assumptions.

Re read what I have wrote about the CONSISTENCY.
I don’t know these things, fella.

I don’t work for LNER either. I was offering a supposition as to why things are being done this way. You don’t need to be so defensive about it.

“The basics” to you is a HR nightmare for them, over 4000 applicants, can you imagine the workload? How time consuming this would be.

It just comes as a surprise to me that you’re already questioning their professionalism, and then perhaps even suggesting they’re questioning your integrity.

LNER don’t owe us nothing. Yes we’ve given our time to apply for a job, but we’re not employees and they don’t owe us a thing. They can recruit how they like. Don’t like the process? Offer them feedback.

You wreak of victimhood but good luck to you, fella.

I got a phone call one evening from the recruitment team and mentioned that I didn't expect a call outside of office hours (not that that's a problem, I prefer a late call to leaving my desk to talk about another job!). They told me that they do have a small team and are putting in extra hours to process our applications as quickly as possible. The person I spoke to seemed to genuinely care about keeping people informed, it's just the sheer volume of applicants they have makes it difficult. It's only been a month since the job was posted and we all know how long these applications can take.
Thank you, and just as I thought.

Hello everyone

Just jumping on this thread as I applied for Leeds and have passed online testing, sat the video interview but not yet had a reply back about it but have had 2 emails saying please be patient etc

I’m still fingers crossed for the next stage but the wait makes those feelings creep in about it

I just keep thinking no news is good news and hoping for the best, it feels like it’s been forever but really only a month and so many applicants must make it hard to get through!

Ollyniks

This is purely just my opinion (Leeds applicant). I submitted my application late Jan and got my email inviting me to conduct the multi video phase a week or so later. 4 days after conducting my Video interview phase i was invited to take part in the Teams interview, after which i received an email requesting proof of my qualifications. Just over a week after this i was informed i was successful and had passed the interview phase. I am now booked in to conduct my Psychometric testing.

It seems to me they are holding people in groups, those they consider their first pick, these are going through Psychometric testing now. Those they consider their second pic, have passed all their current test, just not to as high a standard. However due to the high fail rate with Psychometric testing these people will be told they have not been successful until all positions are filled.

Hazza

This is purely just my opinion (Leeds applicant). I submitted my application late Jan and got my email inviting me to conduct the multi video phase a week or so later. 4 days after conducting my Video interview phase i was invited to take part in the Teams interview, after which i received an email requesting proof of my qualifications. Just over a week after this i was informed i was successful and had passed the interview phase. I am now booked in to conduct my Psychometric testing.

It seems to me they are holding people in groups, those they consider their first pick, these are going through Psychometric testing now. Those they consider their second pic, have passed all their current test, just not to as high a standard. However due to the high fail rate with Psychometric testing these people will be told they have not been successful until all positions are filled.
Congrats! I too passed the DMI. Awaiting to be booked onto complete psychometric tests (only need to do MMI and computerised ones). When are your psychometric tests Booked for? And is it a full day I.e written tests , computer tests and MMI? Or have they split them?

I guess that makes sense, would just be nice to know how I got on, the last email I got was dated 2nd feb saying please be patient, they’re still assessing video interviews and I’ve heard anything since

I’m sure I’ll hear either way soon

Ollyniks

Congrats! I too passed the DMI. Awaiting to be booked onto complete psychometric tests (only need to do MMI and computerised ones). When are your psychometric tests Booked for? And is it a full day I.e written tests , computer tests and MMI? Or have they split them?
It reads as though they are all conducted on the same day, have mine this coming week. why do you not need to complete them all?

Kalin99

I'm at the stage where I've had several emails saying please be patient. I was hopeful until reading these posts lol. Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Hazza

It reads as though they are all conducted on the same day, have mine this coming week. why do you not need to complete them all?
Nice, good luck!
I have passed the written tests to their enhance standard previously with another TOC.
Where are they being held? Doncaster or Leeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.