• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Kings Cross & Leeds (06/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ex2215

Hi, just seeing if anyone is in the same boat as me. I received an email on Monday 7th Feb stating that I had progressed through to psychometric testing but since then haven't heard anything regarding a date.

I don't really want to start bugging the recruitment team asking for updates as I'm sure they're really busy so just thought I'd see if anyone was in the same position on here first.

Hazza

Hi, just seeing if anyone is in the same boat as me. I received an email on Monday 7th Feb stating that I had progressed through to psychometric testing but since then haven't heard anything regarding a date.
I don't really want to start bugging the recruitment team asking for updates as I'm sure they're really busy so just thought I'd see if anyone was in the same position on here first.
Im in the same boat! Haven’t been given a date yet

Last edited:

tallpaul82

Im in the same boat! Haven’t been given a date yet
Ditto.

Hazza

I’m also wondering if it’s to do with potential notice periods as well? Did you allude to this in your interview? As I did stating it would be a few months. So I’m wondering whether they’re getting potential candidates in and out for the upcoming April intake?

Ex2215

I’m also wondering if it’s to do with potential notice periods as well? Did you allude to this in your interview? As I did stating it would be a few months. So I’m wondering whether they’re getting potential candidates in and out for the upcoming April intake?
I don't think I mentioned my notice period during the interview but I believe it may have been on the application. My notice period is 4 weeks so depending on how quickly things move it could be a factor.

TrainDaz

I guess that makes sense, would just be nice to know how I got on, the last email I got was dated 2nd feb saying please be patient, they’re still assessing video interviews and I’ve heard anything since

I’m sure I’ll hear either way soon
I am in the same boat as you. You do start to brew-up negative thoughts when you don't hear anything. Especially when hearing people are at the psychometric stage. Anyway, it's all experience for the next recruitment drive!

TreacleMiller

I am in the same boat as you. You do start to brew-up negative thoughts when you don't hear anything. Especially when hearing people are at the psychometric stage. Anyway, it's all experience for the next recruitment drive!

Indeed however given the drop out rate at that stage I wouldnt worry too much. Its out of your hands at the moment.

Frustrating but understandable that theyve had people do the recorded videos and then seemingly not reviewed them before offering a set group - no point in reviewing 1000's at 15-20 minutes a pop if X people pass a "Wanted" initial grading on the first tests.

Abcde1234

Has anyone who had the teams interview been told they were unsuccessful yet? Seems strange to keep everyone waiting.

amansid

Just received my Teams Interview invite, which I’ve accepted for next week.

However, I’ve never used Teams. May I ask, would I have to click on a link to join the interview or will it ring on my end?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards
Adam

Italia4945

I have also been asked to provide proof of qualifications whilst not receiving any outcome for my video interview (yet).

Its abit confusing that they have asked us two before giving us any results, whilst others have only been asked for proof of qualifications during/after the teams interview or have just been flat out rejected without asking for it.

Its going to be unprofessional/confusing from their side if they say I have failed the video interview next. They will basically be questioning my integrity . I’d get it if they gave me a result and asked please can you show proof when attending the teams interview not just randomly whilst they are still assessing videos.

Last edited:

Abcde1234

Just received my Teams Interview invite, which I’ve accepted for next week.

However, I’ve never used Teams. May I ask, would I have to click on a link to join the interview or will it ring on my end?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards
Adam
In the email there should be a link (maybe a secondary email) you just click on it and it will take you there. It will also go into your calender and you can click on that.

Thank you. Appreciate the reply.
Just as a side note, it may be worth having a go at teams with friend or family beforehand so you’re familiar with how it works?

If you get yourself on the mailbox it’s pretty easy to set up a call to someone else and you can just do a test so you know how it all works, camera on and off, mic on and off etc

I did a railway engineering traineeship a while back and when we had our interviews for this it advised to a test run first so we don’t cut ourselves off or anything

amansid

Just as a side note, it may be worth having a go at teams with friend or family beforehand so you’re familiar with how it works?

If you get yourself on the mailbox it’s pretty easy to set up a call to someone else and you can just do a test so you know how it all works, camera on and off, mic on and off etc

I did a railway engineering traineeship a while back and when we had our interviews for this it advised to a test run first so we don’t cut ourselves off or anything
Excellent advice. Will do. Really appreciate this

Guys, for those that applied for Kings Cross, are the Psychometric Tests in Leeds?
I received an email saying if your pass the Teams Interview, you will be invited to the Psychometrics tests in Leeds (almost 200 miles away)?

Mjhayes123

I’ve got teams interview Monday 21st feb and had an email that potentially will have testing day 24th feb in Leeds

Anyone on here fill me in in the terms and conditions for LNER DRIVERS - I.e how many days leave per year? is it allocated by managers rather than booked by the individual?

Are there 2,3 or 4 salary progressions from trainee to qualified ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Kalin99

Have they been sending rejection emails out after the video interview stage? Did mine back in January and I'm wondering if I've not been successful but they are too busy to send rejection emails out?

TreacleMiller

Have they been sending rejection emails out after the video interview stage? Did mine back in January and I'm wondering if I've not been successful but they are too busy to send rejection emails out?
Rejection emails would be very easy to do. I suspect those of us who have heard nothing since the video interview will be told a "no" once there's enough people through the MMI. Plenty will fail so who knows what the future holds. No news is good news.

PJ73

After each test, you are invited to the next test. Was just wondering if there were any more tests after the VR1 test. VR not my strongest.

cheers and well done!
I’m in the same position, received two invites to further tests, then heard nothing after completing the VR1 test. Did you eventually hear from them? - I know this is an older post.

Kalin99

I’m in the same position, received two invites to further tests, then heard nothing after completing the VR1 test. Did you eventually hear from them? - I know this is an older post.
It's been a while since I've done anything for this post but I'm pretty sure I got a quick reply after doing the verbal reasoning.... but maybe they are just concentrating on teams interviews and live testing atm?

I had an email update on 2nd feb saying please be patient we’ll
be in touch soon about video interview and nothing since so I’ve gone back to keeping my eyes peeled for another role

If I’m not at the interviewing stage now I expect I won’t be going forward now but know I can get far enough to this stage for other roles that may come up

Kalin99

I had an email update on 2nd feb saying please be patient we’ll
be in touch soon about video interview and nothing since so I’ve gone back to keeping my eyes peeled for another role

If I’m not at the interviewing stage now I expect I won’t be going forward now but know I can get far enough to this stage for other roles that may come up
I believe based on a previous post that they are doing live assessments this week. Don't like wish others bad luck but maybe if enough fail those who haven't heard anything, like myself, might get a chance?

derailleur

I believe based on a previous post that they are doing live assessments this week. Don't like wish others bad luck but maybe if enough fail those who haven't heard anything, like myself, might get a chance?

This is what I’m thinking also. Makes sense for the TOC’s - so they hit their recruitment targets.

ALPAL

Psychometrics are in full swing and jobs are being offered. As candidates that are further ahead fail, it creates one spot for someone to move forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.