• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Train Driver - Kings Cross (14/02/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AG1994

A tip for future applications would be not to wait as long as possible before completing each stage, complete everything at the first opportunity you can.

Your video interviews will now be 10,000+ minutes down the pile, meaning nothing short of a miracle will work for you now! When I applied everyone on my course had completed all the application steps on the first day the ad went live, I suspect it’s been the same on the many courses since! Obviously it’s different if you’re waiting for a certificate (and very annoying) but seems some are waiting for no good reason.

Jayleeruss

Hello mate, yes this was for edexcel. Thanks for the reminder to request the certificate via email.
I paid for the priority service in the hope of receiving the certificate by Thursday, but I ended up uploading my HE Diploma that includes Maths and English. I received an email from LNER saying Thank you for your supporting documents, we will be in touch shortly. I'm assuming this means they will need to verify what I sent. Then I got the invite to do the video interview straight away on my account but no email this time with a deadline. Not sure whether to crack on with the video assessment before they verify my certificates.
It is strange that you were not getting any deadlines because every time I received a link it came with one.
See attached.
View attachment 129892View attachment 129893
ohh I see! yeah i think i got the first one? i can't remember. Deffo no email with the interview deadline, but a guy at my work waited a whole week before he did his video interview after uploading his documents (and even then idk if he's done it yet?).

Last edited:

AG1994

Shift preference, earlies/lates/nights
Nothing permanent unless you have a very good reason and can agree it with the company.

If you get a block of shifts you don’t like the time of then it’s on you to find someone to agree a swap in good time.

red14

ohh I see! yeah i think i got the first one? i can't remember. Deffo no email with the interview deadline, but a guy at my work waited a whole week before he did his video interview after uploading his documents (and even then idk if he's done it yet?).
Thank you my friend!

Last edited:

RPOMan

Done the video interview last night and now just a wait to see if I got to the next stage
I’ve got to do mine, planning on tomorrow morning. Can I ask for a rough idea on what “they” asked you, or the computer asked you? Never done a video interview before! Thanks

Chippychips

Are video interviews still commencing? I thought they had stopped a few days after the advert was closed/withdraw. In line with AllyPally's Post and way of thinking.
A tip for future applications would be not to wait as long as possible before completing each stage, complete everything at the first opportunity you can.

Your video interviews will now be 10,000+ minutes down the pile, meaning nothing short of a miracle will work for you now! When I applied everyone on my course had completed all the application steps on the first day the ad went live, I suspect it’s been the same on the many courses since! Obviously it’s different if you’re waiting for a certificate (and very annoying) but seems some are waiting for no good reason.

RPOMan

Are video interviews still commencing? I thought they had stopped a few days after the advert was closed/withdraw. In line with AllyPally's Post and way of thinking.
Interesting, I had a reminder to do my interview. So they must still want them to be completed.

mechanic2

I've been asked to submit GCSE certificates, they have asked me to upload two separates files for English and maths. Both of my GCSE's for English and maths are on the same certificate. Did anyone else have this? What did you upload as the second document?

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
I've been asked to submit GCSE certificates, they have asked me to upload two separates files for English and maths. Both of my GCSE's for English and maths are on the same certificate. Did anyone else have this? What did you upload as the second document?

No option to upload the same document twice maybe just retitled?

mechanic2

No option to upload the same document twice maybe just retitled?
Just looked at the upload section, yeah I think I can do that. Just wondered what others had done really. Probably me just being a little over cautious.

Jayleeruss

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after completing the video interview?
Done mine a week ago and nothing, not even confirmation they’ve received it. But I’ve heard Lner are normally pretty fast with these things

bruebunny

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after completing the video interview?
From my last application, it was around three weeks from doing the video interview to receiving the email that I hadn't made the cut

Chippychips

Bit of a random question, does anyone know the pay increments (if any) for a LNER trainee driver? I.e after passing Rules or 1st Year Driver rate, 2nd year driver rate etc.
Or does it go from Trainee salary straight to the full Qualified salary once you pass out?

TreacleMiller

Bit of a random question, does anyone know the pay increments (if any) for a LNER trainee driver? I.e after passing Rules or 1st Year Driver rate, 2nd year driver rate etc.
Or does it go from Trainee salary straight to the full Qualified salary once you pass out?
29k start

40k after passing rules and traction (About 18weeks)

70k on qualifying after driving hours, looking at 10-14 months from starting.

Jayleeruss

I was unsuccessful and I know a few other unsuccessful candidates who’ve all already been told. So it seems like no news is good news for the rest of you; good luck!!

red14

Hated doing the video interview, done a few similar ones like this in the past but I'll never get used to it