• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Great Eastern Formations in the 1930s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffster13@gma

Morning all, I am modeling the LNER in the Great Eastern region in the mid to late 30s and have been struggling to find info on typical train formations and stock for both passenger and freight. Any help would be great thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Morning all, I am modeling the LNER in the Great Eastern region in the mid to late 30s and have been struggling to find info on typical train formations and stock for both passenger and freight. Any help would be great thanks.

Anything in particular? I have a book that has LNER train formations and should be able to get some carriage working books for that period as well.

A specific year and line/area would help

duffster13@gma

It would be the GE mainline and regional services. I have the book about Principal Services but that only really has Eastern Belle and Boat trains. years would be 36-39

hexagon789

Veteran Member
It would be the GE mainline and regional services. I have the book about Principal Services but that only really has Eastern Belle and Boat trains. years would be 36-39

Unfortunately the GE doesn't seem to be well covered, there are only scans of 1931 and 1935 carriage working books then nothing until British Rail Eastern Region 1951.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Try the LNER Forum (you may have to join) , some wonderful detail on there and some very expert and helpfull people.

Bevan Price

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.