• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER only fares on LNER priced routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi All,

I was just flicking through some different fares for comparison and noted that LNER offer walk up LNER only tickets between York and Newcastle which is a flow they price.

I was under the impression that the lead operator couldn't do this?

I've certainly never seen any permenant fares before myself which are only valid on the lead operator of a flow.

Are these permenant fares?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
They are permitted to offer these tickets for up to a maximum number of weeks as a special offer. I can't remember how many - 17 maybe? Virgin Trains East Coast did offer them too.

Starmill

Veteran Member
I've certainly never seen any permenant fares before myself which are only valid on the lead operator of a flow.
These do exist between Milton Keynes and London, and possibly eslewhere.

Haywain

Veteran Member
As I recall, the temporary fares could be put in place for 12 weeks, but that period could be renewed a limited number of times.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Correct, double edged sword really as we put dedicated flows in for 12 weeks , TPE and XC respond by doing the same except their fares are permanent.

I mean as a passenger on that bit of route its great news for me and I'm not to fussed if it's a double edged sword for the TOCs :lol:

ys123

Hi All,

I was just flicking through some different fares for comparison and noted that LNER offer walk up LNER only tickets between York and Newcastle which is a flow they price.

I was under the impression that the lead operator couldn't do this?

Are these permenant fares?
Was mentioned in this thread last week

Haywain

Veteran Member
Yeh I know , I started this thread.
He means the thread he linked to - the word 'this' is actually a link, although it isn't blindingly obvious! However, as it has also been answered in the thread we are now looking at, I'm not sure that linking to another thread was very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.