• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bubba

Thanks, still shocked but excited. I've never done the psychometric tests, so plenty to go wrong yet!

Is that the next stage then? The psychometrics? Have they requested your certificates? I think I am going to be struggling to find mine. I needed them for a new job I started last year and couldnt find them. Thankfully they were happy with my references and experience.

Jaytrains

Is that the next stage then? The psychometrics? Have they requested your certificates? I think I am going to be struggling to find mine. I needed them for a new job I started last year and couldnt find them. Thankfully they were happy with my references and experience.

i guess LNER is the only toc that really asks for your gcse certificates

Broot

Any one know what the next stages are?

Back in 2017 i went to an interview day when they were Virgin and it was a several group discussions and scenarios and to be honest it was horrible - i hope with Virgin not being in control they have changed the process.

For info i had a my phone interview middle of april for Newcastle and have just received the "well done" email and sent my certs off.

I also have already passed Psychometrics

Last edited:

na281093

I’m still waiting and I was one of the very first ones to do an interview. The emails seem to be going out in no set order by depot or telephone interview date etc. which is frustrating but it is what it is.

Brilufc

I'm still waiting, I had my telephone interview on 3rd april for leeds. Seems no logic to how they are doing it, my own thought is they have got in touch with the candidates who have been successful and if they havent got right qualifications to progress they will pick somebody else to take there place. Just my opinion

badger1badger

Well done to those who are progressing and commiserations to those who are going no further.

I am yet to hear either way. Out of interest of those who have heard, how early in the interview stage was your interview? i.e. the first week?

Hi Bubba

have you heard yet ?

I am the same will be struggling to find my o level ! certificates

bruebunny

I'm still waiting, I had my telephone interview on 3rd april for leeds. Seems no logic to how they are doing it, my own thought is they have got in touch with the candidates who have been successful and if they havent got right qualifications to progress they will pick somebody else to take there place. Just my opinion
They are contacting people with both pass and fail information though. Maybe it's alphabetical, or maybe each candidate is assigned a random number on application and that is drawn in order? They'll get through everyone eventually...I hope

Bubba

From experience I will say that I am in no hurry to find out!

Ha, I appreciate where you are coming from. I have applied multiple times over the year and got to the interview three times (including this one) but got no further. If I have progressed then I will be delighted though not getting carried away. If I dont progress then, whilst disappointed, I havent built myself up to expect anything different.

Broot

For those wondering what's happening I will explain based on how other TOCs work.

If you received a "fail" email. It doesn't take much explaining you failed to hit the pass benchmark for the phone interview.

Those that have a "well done" email are the top scorers out of everyone. They will be progressing the top scorers first (probs based on tests + interviews) these will move onto the next stage.

Those have have heard nothing have likely passed the tests and are in the pool but didnt get good enough scores to make the first cut.

As the top scorers progress and some fail they will contact those in the pool in batches (best scorers first) to progress and keep the numbers going through until they fill the positions.

This is all assumptions based on how other TOCs have done it.
If you havnt heard anything yet I'd take it as a good sign, you have very likely passed and are now in the queue, position is based on your scores.

Hope this helps.

It's very unlikely they are emailing people alphabetically or based on interview date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.