• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER vouchers due to expire end of April: LNER refuse to extend them

Status
Not open for further replies.

route:oxford

Established Member
It would be helpful if the Westminster Government led by example with the state run companies.

A relative buys LNER vouchers in bulk when they are on special offer through Amex, £250 worth are due to expire at the end of April and it's a firm "No" from LNER when asking for a Covid-19 extension.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robbeech

Established Member
Who have you spoken to at LNER about this? They've been very customer focussed with pretty much everything else, are you sure this is their actual policy or is this just something a particular member of staff has decided upon as they haven't had need to create a policy for this?

gray1404

Established Member
What is the offer LNER sometimes have through AMEX exactly? If it possible to buy tickets for travel on any TOC with such vouchers?

island

Veteran Member
What is the offer LNER sometimes have through AMEX exactly? If it possible to buy tickets for travel on any TOC with such vouchers?
I can’t speak for anyone else, but the offer I occasionally receive is that if I spend such and such an amount with LNER (or indeed any of a myriad of merchants) on my American Express card during a certain time period, a statement credit for some smaller amount will be issued.

I normally get shown £10 off when spending £50.

The vouchers can be used to buy any ticket LNER can issue, so unless you want to get something unusual such as an Avanti SVH fare (not that those are long for this world) you can buy for any TOC or journey you wish.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
LNER occasionally have a double up offer on eVouchers purchased with Nectar points. This effectively makes them half price, the downside being they can only be used to purchase Advance tickets for LNER services only. I've got £200 worth still to spend but thankfully they don't expire until the end of the year.

westv

Established Member
LNER occasionally have a double up offer on eVouchers purchased with Nectar points. This effectively makes them half price, the downside being they can only be used to purchase Advance tickets for LNER services only. I've got £200 worth still to spend but thankfully they don't expire until the end of the year.
Where do they advertise this when it is available? It's a double up on eVouchers already bought?

westv

Established Member
Many thanks. The only time I look at the Nectar website is when I buy the eVouchers. Perhaps Seems I should look more often.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The offer was advertised on the Nectar website last summer so you have to keep your eyes peeled! IIRC last time you had to 'purchase' the eVouchers at full price and then half the number of points were added back to your Nectar account about a month later.

So redeem 1,000 points to get a £50 eVoucher and a few weeks later 500 points are credited back to your Nectar account.

Status
Not open for further replies.