• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Liverpool Street on Friday evening...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
So people were invited on Facebook, went down to the station and completely mobbed it?? :lol:

LilLoaf

omg thats a brill idea, well sort off be a pain for anyone travelling like, but what an interesting idea something totally random and without any reason.

Gavelex

Yes! Trafalger Square this friday!

I find it funny that after it was publicly viewable on Facebook without logging in, the police still had no idea what was going on! They say they did but they didn't, there were only about 3 PCSO's until 1920 :lol:

mumrar

Established Member
Indeed they were, but I didn't see any, just a load of "rude bois" jumping up and down!!!

Well, courtesy of Farcebook what a wonderful use of anybodies spare time. it just goes to show exactly how many complete idiots you can cram into a space at once. The fact that this closed a major station for 90 minutes, and on one of your shots the time visible in 18:01 on a Friday evening is totally wreckless.

I do sincerely hope you just happened to be there, rather than turning up to give this stupid activity any credence. We have a country filled with people who will walk by when they see someone crying, they will not give up a seat for the elderly or disabled (or pregnant) and yet they can all get together and do this.

I cannot fully find the words to say how abhorrent this whole thing is. WHAT A BUNCH OF TW@'s, I hope all who were not intending to travel come to a slow and painful end some time soon!

jon0844

Veteran Member
A colleague got this email that had been sent to half the city - so I don't know if Facebook is completely to blame. In fact, I suspect the idea might have been quite innocent on the original Facebook event/group - and then someone decided to start an email chain letter that got out of hand.

THIS FRIDAY (6TH FEB 09)

The Liverpool Silent Dance, this is where everyone meets a Liverpool
street station, you play your i-pod, or Mp3 Music Player in your ears
and dance to your own Music.

We want to make this the Biggest Event so please add all your Friends to
this group.

RULES

1) TURN UP AT APPROX 6.45 - 7PM, AND STAND UNDER THE DEPARTURE BOARDS

2) WAIT FOR 7PM AND START DANCINGTO YOUR OWN MUSIC FROM UR IPOD OR MP3
PLAYER

3) NO ALCHOL ALLOWED

4) HAVE FUN AND NO RIOTS

The Event will take Place this Friday (6th) February @ 7PM and will last
about 15 minutes.

All to Meet in Central Liverpool Street Station under the train
Departure Boards.

See You All There

Gavelex

Well, courtesy of Farcebook what a wonderful use of anybodies spare time. it just goes to show exactly how many complete idiots you can cram into a space at once. The fact that this closed a major station for 90 minutes, and on one of your shots the time visible in 18:01 on a Friday evening is totally wreckless.

I do sincerely hope you just happened to be there, rather than turning up to give this stupid activity any credence. We have a country filled with people who will walk by when they see someone crying, they will not give up a seat for the elderly or disabled (or pregnant) and yet they can all get together and do this.

I cannot fully find the words to say how abhorrent this whole thing is. WHAT A BUNCH OF TW@'s, I hope all who were not intending to travel come to a slow and painful end some time soon!

I think it is half the police and NR staff's fault for the problems. If there were a few more police than the three PCSO's there untill about 7:15/20 then mabie they could have sorted it out as soon as it got to quater past, when the event said it would finish. Then the police have not spoiled the event and there would be minimal over crouding and delays/canceled trains.

I didn't go out specially for it, but happened to be in the area with a few friends, and we decided we would see if anyone bothered turning up...

The Snap

Established Member
There's one at Manchester Piccadilly on Firday 6th March - 1,500 confirmed guess already! :lol:

Think I'll make an appearance! :)

mumrar

Established Member
I think it is half the police and NR staff's fault for the problems. If there were a few more police than the three PCSO's there untill about 7:15/20 then mabie they could have sorted it out as soon as it got to quater past, when the event said it would finish. Then the police have not spoiled the event and there would be minimal over crouding and delays/canceled trains.

I didn't go out specially for it, but happened to be in the area with a few friends, and we decided we would see if anyone bothered turning up...

I find it laughable that you can blame Network Rail and the Police for being ill prepared for a besiegment of prats. In 2006/7 there were 55million passenger journeys to and from Liverpool Street. That breaks down to 153,000 per day. Now departures operate for about 16 hours per day, so that gives an hourly average of 9600 passengers. And you think adding 13000 morons into this is safe and sensible.

One common theme is that people who approve of this sort of activity have no logical capacity for the disruption and sheer pointlessness of what they are doing.

http://www.jamesgalbraithphotography.110mb.com/Flash mob - Liverpool Street/slides/DSCF1406.html
Five bullets required here, you tell me they are doing no harm in this picture. I re-iterate what a waste of air these people are in a time where global warming effects the air purity

Status
Not open for further replies.