• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland On The SVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Cliff

It was rather surreal watching a London Midland unit going across the Victoria Bridge on Saturday during the SVR Railcar Reunion gala

5064827896_23c65d3306_o.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bittern

Established Member
Very nice pic. I love seeing pics of modern day units and locos on heritage railways. The only other ones I've seen are a 220 in Bo'ness and a 158 on the BKR.

Simon Poole

It was very strange but intresting, i was at Kidderminster Town for the afternoon watching them come in and out, also managed to film as well, the only reason i went to Kidderminster was to see Chiltern Railways 121020 and London Midland 150001

I also read somewhere that London Midland 150001 is withdrawn, is that true or false?

But an cracking picture of 150001 crossing Victoria Bridge

sprinterguy

Established Member
150001 hasn’t been withdrawn as far as I’m aware, unless something has changed very recently. London Midland make fairly intensive use of their 150s on the Snow Hill Lines, especially at peak times, so can’t afford to have a 150 withdrawn, especially when they already have one two car unit on loan to FGW.

And can't be 100% certain but I think 150001 and 150002 are two of the 150s that LM are keeping on after the cascade when they get their 172s, so aren't likely to be withdrawn anytime soon.

mumrar

Established Member
Attending various occassions over the years on the Severn Valley, I've seen mainline units of 150 (when brand new), 156 and 220 for the naming of 'Severn Voyager'. And don't forget the 175s underwent a lot of shakedown runs before comissioning too.

Simon Poole

150001 hasn’t been withdrawn as far as I’m aware, unless something has changed very recently. London Midland make fairly intensive use of their 150s on the Snow Hill Lines, especially at peak times, so can’t afford to have a 150 withdrawn, especially when they already have one two car unit on loan to FGW.

And can't be 100% certain but I think 150001 and 150002 are two of the 150s that LM are keeping on after the cascade when they get their 172s, so aren't likely to be withdrawn anytime soon.

Guessing they be the two they be keeping for Belcthley to Bedford services

mumrar

Established Member
Guessing they be the two they be keeping for Belcthley to Bedford services
Does the route require high density layout 3-car units though? 150001 should already be earmarked for the National Collection, they showed the way forward didn't have to be the rancid chopped up buses of the 14x units.

Simon Poole

Does the route require high density layout 3-car units though? 150001 should already be earmarked for the National Collection, they showed the way forward didn't have to be the rancid chopped up buses of the 14x units.

I heard that they were keeping some for that part of the London Midland Network only and if they keeping 150001 & 150002 wwould be suitable, but it does depends on how many passengers uses that route, if not i'm sure Birmingham New Street to Rugeley Trent Valley be happpy to have them on their services

fowlertank

It was rather surreal watching a London Midland unit going across the Victoria Bridge on Saturday during the SVR Railcar Reunion gala

5064827896_23c65d3306_o.jpg

It was even more surreal riding behind it! Quickest departures I've ever had from Bridgnorth and Kidder!

I've heard comments that it gives an idea of what the line could have been like if it had stayed open under BR. I guess it would have been reduced to 'basic railway status' though.

scooner8

Earlier in the year they ran a service from Bridgenorth to London and back as a sort or Rail tour/day out with a 3 car dmu. I think they should run a these types of service more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.