• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 intake)

eastldn12

Hello all,

I have my data interpretation and written communication test assessment tomorrow. I have applied for CSA 2.

Could anyone help me with kind of questions that I can expect? Does it need a thorough preparation?

Any information would be helpful.
How did it go?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

raiyumar

Hello Again,
Anyone can please help me with AC2/AC3?Both of them are scheduled on this coming Monday. SBI link which they have sent in email for preparation isn't working.
Thank you

Pipa

Hello Again,
Anyone can please help me with AC2/AC3?Both of them are scheduled on this coming Monday. SBI link which they have sent in email for preparation isn't working.
Thank you
0203 005 1680 call this number theynwill send it to you again

I havent got any contact no,on which application should i check it?I just got the emails to book the assessment thats it
0203 005 1680 call this number and tell them to send you a link

moonie95

Hello Again,
Thank you
Scenario Based Interview link in my email is not opening either :(

Hello Again,
Thank you
The SBI is you answer the questions giving an example of a scenario you faced, following the competency framework document they provided. Also when answering the question it’s best to follow the STAR structure. I’ll pm you some more details.

Last edited:

eastldn12

When did you do the interview?
I did a few tests online after applying, then I got brought in to do 2 written exams at the office in west kensington, 2 days later (i think the 5th?) I got called in for a roleplay and a scenario based interview, (you had to pass the roleplay stage to sit the SBI) and i think it was like 3 days after that I got the conditional job offer. Hope that helps, feel free to message me more questions, but I cant tell you what was in my roleplay or scenario interview

Veeky

Time management is important,Make sure to you go through tube maps and how to read maps.Ticket checking is easy.You just have to check its validity
Thanks for this tip.
I got invited to the next stage but I’ve been unable to book a date

Hello, please can you give me details too?
I have just passed the

The SBI is you answer the questions giving an example of a scenario you faced, following the competency framework document they provided. Also when answering the question it’s best to follow the STAR structure. I’ll pm you some more details.

The SBI is you answer the questions giving an example of a scenario you faced, following the competency framework document they provided. Also when answering the question it’s best to follow the STAR structure. I’ll pm you some more
Hello, please can you give me details too?
I have

Hello, please can you pm me details too?
I gave just passed data interpretation and have been invited to the next stage

If you have problems scheduling an appointment at the teat centre, try again between 11 am and 12 noon
I just did mine

Last edited:

San.

So I received an email to book an appointment last week for the final stage, however every time I go on the link, there are no slots, I'm a bit worried now since I been checking daily and still nothing. There was no telephone number to ring them up to check what's going on, plus can't email them back as it's a no-reply email.

Anyone know who I could contact. Any info is appreciated

Veeky

So I received an email to book an appointment last week for the final stage, however every time I go on the link, there are no slots, I'm a bit worried now since I been checking daily and still nothing. There was no telephone number to ring them up to check what's going on, plus can't email them back as it's a no-reply email.

Anyone know who I could contact. Any info is appreciated
They post new dates between 11am and 12 noon everyday. Just check around 11:05

Mawkie

FYI today London Underground offered a new pay deal for staff.

If accepted, CSA2 will be £33,300 per year (a 9.6% pay rise) and CSA1 will be £42,091 (an 8.1% pay rise).

eastldn12

Got a phone call to get my training booked today, booked for 3rd march, the training is now 4 weeks long and is paid. You'll get your oyster and uniform the first day of training. (Provided you get through all the background checks)

CJSull

Hi I'm currently in the recruitment process for a CSA position with TFL Underground service and would like some insight into the means people use to get to and from work.

I live in Romford at the moment and the job listing requires me to be able to travel to stations around the network before station open (04:30am) and finish after station close (01:30am).

How easy would it be to travel to stations on the underground using bus services? I don't drive. I'm also aware they utilise private taxis and train lines for staff? Anyone have any insight?

I'm trying to figure out what my options are.

Thank you.

coffeetable

Got a phone call to get my training booked today, booked for 3rd march, the training is now 4 weeks long and is paid. You'll get your oyster and uniform the first day of training. (Provided you get through all the background checks)
Congratulations. What contract did you sign? Friday and Saturday night, or weeks evening 4 hours shift?

Mawkie

Hi I'm currently in the recruitment process for a CSA position with TFL Underground service and would like some insight into the means people use to get to and from work.

I live in Romford at the moment and the job listing requires me to be able to travel to stations around the network before station open (04:30am) and finish after station close (01:30am).

How easy would it be to travel to stations on the underground using bus services? I don't drive. I'm also aware they utilise private taxis and train lines for staff? Anyone have any insight?

I'm trying to figure out what my options are.

Thank you.
There are staff taxis for dead earlies and dead lates. They are black cabs, but run like a bus service on a fixed route picking up and dropping off at fixed places (usually stations). You book them via your supervisor each day.

It will be difficult to work out what your options are until you know what station group you've been assigned to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-02-23-51-53-41_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-02-23-51-53-41_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20240202_235314.jpg
    IMG_20240202_235314.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 54

LadyTee

FYI today London Underground offered a new pay deal for staff.

If accepted, CSA2 will be £33,300 per year (a 9.6% pay rise) and CSA1 will be £42,091 (an 8.1% pay rise).
Will I be entitled to this pay rise if I start the first week of April or do I have to start before?

bluegoblin7

Established Member
This will be the new salary effective 1 April 2023 if the deal is accepted. It will apply to all staff, irrespective of start date.

If you start before implementation (likely in May) you will receive the relevant back pay, pro rata as necessary.

Negotiations for the 2024 pay deal (effective 1 April 2024) begin in the next few weeks - again, this will be applied retrospectively to your start date once agreed.

LadyTee

This will be the new salary effective 1 April 2023 if the deal is accepted. It will apply to all staff, irrespective of start date.

If you start before implementation (likely in May) you will receive the relevant back pay, pro rata as necessary.

Negotiations for the 2024 pay deal (effective 1 April 2024) begin in the next few weeks - again, this will be applied retrospectively to your start date once agreed.
Thank you!

SJ21

For those looking for the Scenario Based Interview Guide (Saw there was a few on here when the link was not working), they have now fixed on Taleo (The Recruitment Portal)

Contacted them last week and they have now fixed the link on all applications to this document. You will need to sign back into Taleo to fetch it, any previous emails to the guide link to the old site and will not work.

Last edited:

Mawkie

For those looking for the Scenario Based Interview Guide (Saw there was a few on here when the link was not working), they have now fixed on Taleo (The Recruitment Portal)

Contacted them last week and they have now fixed the link on all applications to this document. You will need to sign back into Taleo to fetch it, any previous emails to the guide link to the old site and will not work.
That's interesting as they appear to have moved away from the STAR approach of questioning. I think that approach was recommended in this thread very recently.

J27

Hi,

Anyone had their data interpretation assessment last Friday? Please any feedback yet? Thanks.

Arie_

Hello everyone
I just got mail today that I’m successfully to schedule appointment for the next stage…what should I be expecting,as anyone gone for a stage 3 recently

San.

So I been trying to schedule an appointment for the roleplay and interview stage, and today when I was using the link for the scheduling centre it says closed invitation. Just wondering if that means I failed to book a slot on time? Anyone know

Flow

Hey guys i just received my
Conditional offer today.. does anyone knows the next steps