• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Zones 1-9 Travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom1649

Is it possible to buy a Zones 1-9 Travelcard from an online retailer or NR station, or do they have to be bought from an LU ticket office?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, buy it with the origin as somewhere like Bushey.

This most recently cropped up 3 days ago!

Yes, buy a travelcard from somewhere like Bushey and it will be AAA Zones 7-9 (AAA = also available at).

tom1649

Yes, buy it with the origin as somewhere like Bushey.

This most recently cropped up 3 days ago!

Thanks, I obviously didn't look hard enough. :oops:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry if I'm being thick, but I put my origin in as Bushey and my destination as London Zones 1-6 (0035) and set it to open return, but no fares are found on WebTIS. What should I put as the destination?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Sorry if I'm being thick, but I put my origin in as Bushey and my destination as London Zones 1-6 (0035) and set it to open return, but no fares are found on WebTIS. What should I put as the destination?

Use London All Zones Travelcard and it'll charge you for the 1-9 version.

tom1649

Use London All Zones Travelcard and it'll charge you for the 1-9 version.

Still doesn't work I'm afraid. I've tried this on both East Coast and Southern. I can get fares for Travelcards from a station within Zone 6, but when trying any station within Zones 7, 8 or 9 it returns 'no fares have been found for your selected service'.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
How odd. I've bought them online before! What date are you searching for?

Any station can issue it. They are issued the same way as a 'normal' travelcard.

tom1649

I've tried various different dates and various origin stations and I cannot get any combination to work. Maybe it's just me.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Thetrainline-based websites seem to retail them fine. I just tried EMT's website with Bushey - London and it gave me the correct railcard travelcard price of £7.60 as an option.

tom1649

Thanks very much. Yes, that does seem to work. I tried EMT's website before but I was trying to use codes (0035) which it didn't seem to like.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You could try contacting 'Web Support' at one of the TOCs who has a WebTIS based site (e.g. East Coast) however only do this if you are prepared to be fobbed off by people who are utterly clueles and keep chasing it up. If you do this with East Coast and get nowhere initially, I can make some suggestions to escalate the issue to managers (this has done the trick before, with the Sheffield to Mansfield via Worksop tickets).

I can only conclude that they are happy to have sub-standard websites and for their boasts of 'impartial retailing' to be deemed incorect. If they were serious about providing a good service they would provide us with a way of speaking to someone with a clue promptly, first time, and then dealing with the matter.

tom1649

Thanks Yorkie. It's probably another side effect of our 'efficient' (in ATOC's misguided opinion) fragmented railway. I'm quite happy to buy my tickets from EMT, they are my local operator after all.

There's the other issue that we're not to be trusted to buy rail rovers/rangers online but that's another argument for another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.