• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Longest Megabus route in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Simple one this - which is the longest Megabus route operating wholly within the UK? And what sort of buses do they run on it?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asb

If memory serves correctly, longest is the M20 London to Glasgow via Newcastle and second is M11 London to Glasgow via Manchester, both operated normally with Panoramas. Third is M34 Newcastle to Portsmouth operated by Elites.

route101

Established Member
If memory serves correctly, longest is the M20 London to Glasgow via Newcastle and second is M11 London to Glasgow via Manchester, both operated normally with Panoramas. Third is M34 Newcastle to Portsmouth operated by Elites.
Yes the M20 must have the longest journey time for any Megabus route. I have done this service from Glasgow to London. The night M20 has a duplicate, I believe, and goes up the M6.

darloscott

Yes the M20 must have the longest journey time for any Megabus route. I have done this service from Glasgow to London. The night M20 has a duplicate, I believe, and goes up the M6.
Not even close, they’re both under 12 hours. The M34 from Cardiff to Newcastle comes in at around 13h40 and the Hull to Portsmouth is similar.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Thanks for all the responses, I am on the London-Glasgow via Newcastle and wanted to confirm... pray for me! Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.