• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Longest route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWhippyO

Hi guys,

What is the longest UK OpenBVE route? I'd wondered if it was the NWM route, but there must be other long ones.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST Power

Established Member
Almost certainly Edinburgh-Aberdeen. You'll have a fairly long drive on that one!

scotsman

Established Member
Out of interest, does anyone have the mileages for Maybank - Hammerwich or even the entire route?

Bedpan

Established Member
The OpenBVE NWM network is circa 140 km ;)

Thats the network though, not the longest route, ie it includes both ways of getting from Roundway Junction to Frankley Junction, the Blackbrook branch and Norton North Junction or rather the south portal of Highgate Tunnel (East) to Hammerwich.

Although the track plans are very detailed they don't show distances, but the gradient profiles do - it apopears that Maybank - Hammerwich is 46.75km for instance, maybank - Wellingham Ludgate Hill via Riverside is 79km, and Maybank - Wellingham Ludgate Hill via Salford Bridge is 93.75km.

Phil6219

There was one which was Carlisle to Middlesbrough I believe (or something similar). I only tried it once and didn't get a proper go of it. If that's correct then isn't that roughly the same distance as EDI-ABZ?

eezypeazy

Carlisle - Sunderland (the Tyne valley route) is approx. 70 route miles as modelled. I have built the Durham Coast route southwards from there as far as Greatham, but this is still very much a 'work in progress' - ie, I don't think it's up to a good enough standard to be released yet. That's about 95 route miles as modelled. If I ever get to Middlesbrough, that would be 105 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.