• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LOROL - Trainee Train Driver - New Cross Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TrainRookie

Spoke to LOROL today as I haven't heard from them I was told they have rejected applications so if I haven't heard anything I am still being considered, hopefully because I passed the tests for DBS if will put me in good stead

Seaza

Spoke to LOROL today as I haven't heard from them I was told they have rejected applications so if I haven't heard anything I am still being considered, hopefully because I passed the tests for DBS if will put me in good stead

any luck yet?

sharkylou

I have my mangers interview Wednesday, I applied back in March. How did you find the interview seaza?

Seaza

I have my mangers interview Wednesday, I applied back in March. How did you find the interview seaza?

I found the managers interview quite laid-back and informal, its was good to have a chat with them about the company and role. There are more questions in the interview than in the MMI but require straight to the point answers. Well done for getting this far! My contracted start date is the 27th of July and i can't wait!!!!

sharkylou

I found the managers interview quite laid-back and informal, its was good to have a chat with them about the company and role. There are more questions in the interview than in the MMI but require straight to the point answers. Well done for getting this far! My contracted start date is the 27th of July and i can't wait!!!!

Out of interest what type of questions were asked in the interview are they like the structured interview questions? I am looking forward to the interview. Well done on getting the job, exciting times ahead for you :)

Seaza

To be honest, i really can't remember the questions as the interview felt like it went that quickly. Questions like challenging another persons decision, woking alone. challenging customer situations. its like a structured interview just quicker and more to the point. Have you done the personality questionnaire yet?

sharkylou

To be honest, i really can't remember the questions as the interview felt like it went that quickly. Questions like challenging another persons decision, woking alone. challenging customer situations. its like a structured interview just quicker and more to the point. Have you done the personality questionnaire yet?

Do you mean the situational judgement exercises that was done at the assessments? if yes then yeah I've done them. I felt the structured interview went quite quick so hopefully the managers interview will feel the same fingers crossed eek!

Seaza

No they make you do a personality questionnaire a couple of days before the managers interview. They then structure the interview from that questionnaire.

387star

On Moderation
Is that the outstanding train driver personality questionnaire

LOROL and crossrail use every single test there is

Outstanding Train Driver Personality Questionnaire - OTDPQ

The OTDPQ provides assessors with a profile of the specific personality traits, attitudes and behavioural styles that have been linked to the outstanding train driver's behaviour.

The questionnaire consists of 6 scales and 12 subscales relating to the key characteristics of an excellent or outstanding train driver, i.e. a train driver who is not only average but is excellent in the role. It is ideal for use with any driving role within the rail industry.

Research has revealed a link between driver applicants' performance on the OTDPQ and aspects of the UK standard rail industry assessment process. This suggests that the outstanding train driver may not only possess behavioural styles and motivations that make an excellent train driver but also perform the basic requirements of the train driver role well.

Materials include administration instructions, question booklet, answer booklet, scoring keys and profile form.

Here is an example of the type of statements you might find in the OTDPQ:

Example Questions
I like to get out and about

Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neither agree nor disagree
Agree
Strongly agree
Making my own decisions is something I would enjoy

Strongly disagree
Disagree
Agree
Strongly agree
I perform at my best when I am being challenged

Strongly disagree
Disagree
Agree
Strongly

Seaza

Yep thats the questionnaire that they score you on. I recommend that you go for the 'Strongly Agree' and 'Strongly Disagree' as you won't be seen as sitting on the fence with those answers. You will find throughout the 100+ questions that the questions are the same but worded in a different way.

Last edited:

387star

On Moderation
Indeed greater anglia use the same or similar during their application

sharkylou

Not till November as I have a holiday in September, got my medical the beginning of August :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks seaza

Grumpyal

Has anyone who completed the second assessment day last week, including the criteria interview, heard back yet ?

TrainRookie

Is there anyone else in my boat who haven't heard back either way yet ?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Those who did how did you hear back through email or letter ?

Deanieboo

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what type of reference they ask for, e.g. how many years?

For example more than your last two employers?

greatkingrat

Established Member
Hi guys,
Congratulations for all of you !
Is it possible for you to tell me what is the difference between the practice material and real DFFT.
For example the TRP dials, the difference is quite big , on real test there are 4 dials with four zones .
I will appreciate if you can help me with this
Soon will have assesment for Crossrail...

The general principle is the same, but there are more possible fault codes and the rules are more complicated.

So do you do the vse at home or at the venue?

It is done as part of stage 2, at the OPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.