• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Loss of Safeguarded Entitlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smudger105e

Some time ago (quite a long time ago!) I posted on here asking whether it was legal, decent etc for the Company who gave me a settlement arrangement to withdraw my Safeguarded travel facilities.

See here for the original thread http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99660

Well, I employed the services of the Solicitor who checked and sorted the Settlement Agreement, he checked my emails, ATOC rules on Travel Facilities and the settlement agreement, and he agreed that it was a bit of a grey area. Hewrote to my the employer and they have agreed to give me my Travel Facilities back.

I am now proud possessor of my boxes for life, suitably marked as "retired".

Thanks to all those who posted advice on here.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
Weldone on your victory but when I retire I will lose all travel benefits at the end of that franchise, equality my ar5e!
Such are the joys of being non-safeguarded and I havent seen much effort by ASLEF to remedy the situation except for the usual 'we are looking into it' which translates as 'we are looking into it but as we are all safeguarded we dont give a **** about you lot'!

Haywain

Veteran Member
Weldone on your victory but when I retire I will lose all travel benefits at the end of that franchise, equality my ar5e!
Such are the joys of being non-safeguarded and I havent seen much effort by ASLEF to remedy the situation except for the usual 'we are looking into it' which translates as 'we are looking into it but as we are all safeguarded we dont give a **** about you lot'!

I think it is fair to say that RMT and TSSA have the same view.

Status
Not open for further replies.