• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost collection reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex12345

Hello my girlfriends is in a bit of a bind
She is due to get a train from Cheltenham to Corby tomorrow morning booked through Raileasy
She did not make a note of the reference number needed to print the ticket as she planned to just check the email she would receive
The problem is that due to her mailbox being full the email never arrived and there is no way we know of to get this code back
I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on a way we may be able to resolve this situation
if we call Raileasy in the morning will the be able to give us the reference code or would the station be able to do anything to help us?

Thank you
Alex

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Has she checked her Junk Mail folder?

Raileasy may be able to resolve this for you over the phone, however do note that it costs £1.02 a minute (BT landline).

There are also other methods of communication, but bearing in mind the short time-frame I doubt any of them would be useful.

Another possibility is to purchase new tickets for tomorrow. If she booked flexible tickets, they can be refunded less a £10 admin charge per ticket should she find them later on, although if they were Advance tickets then there would be no refund due.

andythebrave

Has she checked her Junk Mail folder?

Raileasy may be able to resolve this for you over the phone, however do note that it costs £1.02 a minute (BT landline).

There are also other methods of communication, but bearing in mind the short time-frame I doubt any of them would be useful.

Another possibility is to purchase new tickets for tomorrow. If she booked flexible tickets, they can be refunded less a £10 admin charge per ticket should she find them later on, although if they were Advance tickets then there would be no refund due.

Raileasy can also be called on 020 8989 3437 to get round the rip off premium rate number....

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I don't use Raileasy, but with other sites there is a way of logging on and checking your account, which lists full details of purchases including the collection references.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
TOD references should also be able to be recalled at the ticket office, using the original payment card - it does require the booking office to have ToD capability though, which I'm pretty sure FGW have. This advice may be too late though, if I read the OP correctly!

island

Veteran Member
For future reference Raileasy should be avoided for most normal bookings as it charges booking fees which are avoided by booking through Redspottedhanky or any Train Operating Company.

Mike@Raileasy

Verified Rep
TOD references should also be able to be recalled at the ticket office, using the original payment card - it does require the booking office to have ToD capability though, which I'm pretty sure FGW have. This advice may be too late though, if I read the OP correctly!

Apologies, have only just seen this. This is exctly right, ticket office staff can call a CTR help desk and retrieve the details with a name and address if the person has the card used for purchase.

Someone has posted our main office number which we're happy for members of this forum to use. Hopefully that will stop comments here about "rip off" premium rate numbers. I've explained why we have to use that for sales.

Another way to contact us for issues like this is to use [email protected] and in instances like this mark it as "urgent".

If this customer had to buy new tickets and the original ones are flexible, we will waive the £10 admin fee for refunding them.

On behalf of Raileasy I would like to apologise for the inconvenience and hassle.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Apologies, have only just seen this. This is exctly right, ticket office staff can call a CTR help desk and retrieve the details with a name and address if the person has the card used for purchase.
Someone has posted our main office number which we're happy for members of this forum to use. Hopefully that will stop comments here about "rip off" premium rate numbers. I've explained why we have to use that for sales.

Another way to contact us for issues like this is to use [email protected] and in instances like this mark it as "urgent".

If this customer had to buy new tickets and the original ones are flexible, we will waive the £10 admin fee for refunding them.

On behalf of Raileasy I would like to apologise for the inconvenience and hassle.
This is a strange statement. With the card used for purchase available, the TOD can be recalled through the TIS providing it is set for same card collection and the TIS is TOD enabled. In other circumstances it will be down to the customer to contact you as having the reference number will clearly not allow collection anyway, unless it is set for 'any card' collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.