• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost gold card

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
As per the thread title, I believe my ticket wallet fell out of my pocket when travelling on the tube today.
It contained the return half of my train ticket, my Oyster card and a Pevensey Bay to Pevensey & Westham season ticket (the cheapest Gold Card on the network).
I can replace the Oyster easily enough, but what’s the procedure for getting a replacement season?
I purchased the season from Brighton station but omitted this year to take a photo of it with the expiry date and photocard number. I’m such a klutz!
Any advice would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
You'll need to go to a Thameslink station to get the issue of a duplicate sorted out. There will be a charge of, I think, £20.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Could I just write-off the loss of the Pevensey ticket, and buy the Hatton/Lapworth ticket? The lost Pevensey only has 3 months left and I would need to pay for undiscounted tickets in the meantime, until a replacement is issued?

Haywain

Veteran Member
Could I just write-off the loss of the Pevensey ticket, and buy the Hatton/Lapworth ticket? The lost Pevensey only has 3 months left and I would need to pay for undiscounted tickets in the meantime, until a replacement is issued?
You don't normally have to wait for a duplicate season to be issued.

MikeWM

Established Member
Lapworth to Hatton - £204
Pevensey Bay to Pevensey and Westham - £208 according to BR Fares

With Lichfield TV to Lichfield City at £212 (which is the one I go for, as (very occasionally) I actually legitimately make this journey!)
To complete the usual set, Ryde Esplanade to Ryde St Johns Road is now £224, so no longer in the running.

--
Could I just write-off the loss of the Pevensey ticket, and buy the Hatton/Lapworth ticket?

I believe you can - as far as I know, you can hold multiple season tickets simultaneously, though I've not tried it myself.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
With Lichfield TV to Lichfield City at £212 (which is the one I go for, as (very occasionally) I actually legitimately make this journey!)
To complete the usual set, Ryde Esplanade to Ryde St Johns Road is now £224, so no longer in the running.

--

I believe you can - as far as I know, you can hold multiple season tickets simultaneously, though I've not tried it myself.
I might just do that. But I just had a thought: what if someone tries to or actually uses my lost Gold Card, having picked it up on the train I lost it on?

MikeWM

Established Member
I might just do that. But I just had a thought: what if someone tries to or actually uses my lost Gold Card, having picked it up on the train I lost it on?

Have you lost the photocard too, or do you still have it?

But either way, it strikes me that it won't be trivial for someone else to try to use it. They would either have the ticket but no accompanying photocard, or they have a ticket that matches a photocard with a photo on it of you, which is only going to be helpful to someone who looks rather similar :)

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Their problem, not yours.

Is it difficult for you to get to a Thameslink station? I can't really see why buying a new season ticket is easier than getting a duplicate.
It isn’t easier to buy a different season ticket. It’s the short-term costs of buying full price tickets in the short term, until the replacement arrives, when you’re on a tight budget

skyhigh

Established Member
It isn’t easier to buy a different season ticket. It’s the short-term costs of buying full price tickets in the short term, until the replacement arrives, when you’re on a tight budget
But you get the replacement there and then. There's no wait for a replacement to arrive?

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
I believe GTR companies do not issue the replacement there and then. You have to fill out a form, I believe, and they’re issued centrally. I don’t have a note of the photocard number, either. It was in the same wallet as the Pevensey Gold card

Haywain

Veteran Member
You don't need the photocard number. They'll have a record against your name and address.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
You don't need the photocard number. They'll have a record against your name and address.
Presume a new photocard will be required before any new / replacement ST can be issued, if the old one has been lost / gone missing?

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Couple of years ago I had my Gold Card replaced 'on the spot' after it was stolen. You shouldn't have any difficulty getting it replaced - these things happen and there is a documented process for it.