• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

lost property on a train: can I find out what working the train did next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargull

I managed to leave something in the 20.40 from Oxford to Reading last night. Cross country advice is to contact the terminating station so i’m trying GWR. However, I would like to anticipate the item having been missed and then found on a subsequent journey; how can I find out where that train went next - I presume it’s heading north right now!

I’m sure there is a straightforward answer so apologies if this is the wrong place to post.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cypher

Departs Oxford at 20:40 arrives Reading 21:04

Departs Reading 21:46 arrives Birmingham New street 23:56

Then either stays at Birmingham overnight or truddles along to Burton depot

Bovverboy

Established Member
Departs Oxford at 20:40 arrives Reading 21:04

Departs Reading 21:46 arrives Birmingham New street 23:56

Then either stays at Birmingham overnight or truddles along to Burton depot

According to 'Realtime Trains' after Birmingham it would have been scheduled to operate out of service to the Bombardier depot near Burton-on-Trent. However, in the forty or so minutes layover at Reading you would imagine there would be some de-littering, at the very least. I doubt that any would take place at Birmingham New Street, so your best hopes seem to be Reading or Bombardier. But as a first move I would try Cross-Country (again, if you've already been in touch, and Reading GWR hasn't been successful).

Stargull

Thanks, both of you. I’ve put in a request at Birmingham New Street. Any ideas what might happen if the item is found at the depot would be most welcome.

Established Member
If its found at Central Rivers then it should be passed back to the TOC that runs the set in question. And it will then in all likelihood end up at the LPO in Birmingham New St.
Thanks, both of you. I’ve put in a request at Birmingham New Street. Any ideas what might happen if the item is found at the depot would be most welcome.

Stargull

Thank you all for your help. As the item is flat and was left above the seats, I half suspect it’s still there. I’ve tried to use real time trains but can’t work out what that train is doing today. Any help welcome - a long shot I know, but worth a go?

Darandio

Established Member
Thank you all for your help. As the item is flat and was left above the seats, I half suspect it’s still there. I’ve tried to use real time trains but can’t work out what that train is doing today. Any help welcome - a long shot I know, but worth a go?

If it's long shots you are after, try posting in this thread. The train in question was 1V93 1635 Newcastle to Reading.

Ask what train worked your service yesterday and what it's working today. I'm assuming you are looking at the possibility of catching up with it?

Last edited:

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I’ve tried to use real time trains but can’t work out what that train is doing today.
If the train has, as in your case, returned to the depot for the night then there is no way of knowing what runs it is doing today, certainly not from publicly available information. But I rather suspect it would have been removed at Reading, Birmingham or the depot - it's very unlikely it's still on the train (for security reasons if nothing else).

Status
Not open for further replies.