Lostock (LOT) to Liverpool Lime Street

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by thealexweb, 10 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thealexweb

thealexweb Member

I am looking for ticket advice regarding off peak day returns (with 16-25 railcard) between Lostock (LOT) and Liverpool Lime Street via Leyland / Preston.

For the purpose of the screenshots I have used Monday 25th May and requested a via Leyland route to avoid Bolton and Farnworth Tunnel. As the screenshots show, I have selected the "Off Peak Day Return valid via Wigan: 16-25 railcard". Usually on First Transpennine Expresses' this action would grey out peak services my railcard is not valid on. This is not the case however.

Could someone please explain why this is the case. I know that if my ticket costs over £12 I am permitted to use a 16-25 railcard. However in this case I cannot think of any justified reason why it is allowing me to select services my tickets probably would not be valid on.

Attached Files:

2. tony_mac

tony_mac Established Member

because 25th May is a Bank Holiday?

3. thealexweb

thealexweb Member

Damn, I just picked a weekday at random. Thank you.

4. Gathursty

Gathursty Established Member

Is Westhoughton station too faraway from you with you starting from Lostock. I'd imagine the journey from Westhoughton being quicker than your idea. It must be galling seeing the track curve away just at the end of the platform!!

5. thealexweb

thealexweb Member

It is a little too far sadly, my starting point is the Ladybridge estate. And oh you have no idea how infuriating the current situation is. It has been a persistent source of annoyance as long as I can remember. New platforms is a priority for TfGM providing new funding becomes available. One day, one day :)

6. Howardh

Howardh Established Member

Ladybridge - Bolton (Bus)
    Bolton - Wigan or Kirkby - Liverpool would seem the obvious route, they are running trains (not buses) BON-WIG looking at tomorrows timetable.
    No reason why you can't do WIGAN-LIME ST (50') though. Just depends which is the most convenient connection.

7. thealexweb

thealexweb Member

I do live close by the 715 bus route so I could get the bus to Bolton or Wigan for £2.30-2.50. So far I have always walked to Lostock railway station due to its close proximity to my side of Ladybridge. I have never used the Kirkby and Liverpool Central method but I will look in to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.