• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothiangem22

Remember, new types of body on Volvo Chassis are usually delivered to a main dealer before delivery, just to check everything over. :p

:lol: Excellent news! Might need to think of an excuse to drive past Seafield tomorrow if they’re not hiding them inside!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CN04NRJ

Established Member
9202 back in use today, looked like rail replacement standby at Edinburgh Park. Driver was in LMC uniform so assume it's 'on hire'.

Busman84

Out of interest. Do the ex London Geminis have there door interlocks on meaning handbrake has to be applied to open do the passenger doors. Or have they been changed so the doors operate like the other Geminis and only interlock kicks in if wheelchair ramp is activated

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Out of interest. Do the ex London Geminis have there door interlocks on meaning handbrake has to be applied to open do the passenger doors. Or have they been changed so the doors operate like the other Geminis and only interlock kicks in if wheelchair ramp is activated

Only the dual door ones. All of the single door ones i've driven don't have the interlock.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Was having speculative look through the finlaysmith site and noticed there's trackers active for 66-89 and 91-95.

Are these for the new ones or just old/test ones left on for some reason?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200814_191055.jpg
    Screenshot_20200814_191055.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 43

CN04NRJ

Established Member
You can’t beat an old bus these days that does not have any of that. Be like luxury..

Hah yes, like Volvo Ailsas I drove when I first started out driving in 2009 on schools with a foot pedal for the doors. No safety features on those!

But I digress, that's a different topic.

Lothiangem22

Was having speculative look through the finlaysmith site and noticed there's trackers active for 66-89 and 91-95.

I actually had a look at Finlay smith earlier for the same reason and couldn’t see anything round Seafield, Newbridge or the Volvo dealer! I’d imagine this is the new single decks with the fleet numbers carrying on from the hybrids.
Out of interest.... where did you find 71?

Last edited:

ScotRail158725

Established Member

thats still showing a bunch of tridents, 1029 and even 390 so its not the most reliable especially when it shows in that location

CN04NRJ

Established Member
I actually had a look at Finlay smith earlier for the same reason and couldn’t see anything round Seafield, Newbridge or the Volvo dealer! I’d imagine this is the new single decks with the fleet numbers carrying on from the hybrids.
Out of interest.... where did you find 71?

The equator :lol:

pgfb1306

Can confirm 116-119 have been purchased by Whippet at Swavesey, Cambridgeshire for peak only work.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
@OmniCity999 or anyone else in the know. What's the internal view of the 7900Hs? Are they held in high regard or are they disliked and if so for what reasons?

Related question - I'm wondering what will happen to them in the near term after the delivery of the new buses. Obviously all the 7900s won't be needed at Longstone after that, and assuming the 1/2/24/48 will stay double deck for the time being that'll leave quite a few surplus until things (hopefully) go back to normal.

Lothiangem22

Related question - I'm wondering what will happen to them in the near term after the delivery of the new buses. Obviously all the 7900s won't be needed at Longstone after that, and assuming the 1/2/24/48 will stay double deck for the time being that'll leave quite a few surplus until things (hopefully) go back to normal.

see I thought that too, but in experience of driving the likes of the 1, 2 and 24 how long can they justify putting double deckers on when the routes are never really in need of such large buses? (I have had the odd 48 with 40+ passengers)

the double deck routes will increase frequency In time and the luxury of having deckers on these routes will wear off with the buses required elsewhere.

I guess it really depends on how many new buses are being delivered... I’ve been told at least 1 is in Seafield, though unfortunately inside out of public eyes. I’d expect more being delivered over the next fortnight where we should be able to catch a glimpse.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
see I thought that too, but in experience of driving the likes of the 1, 2 and 24 how long can they justify putting double deckers on when the routes are never really in need of such large buses? (I have had the odd 48 with 40+ passengers)

the double deck routes will increase frequency In time and the luxury of having deckers on these routes will wear off with the buses required elsewhere.

I guess it really depends on how many new buses are being delivered... I’ve been told at least 1 is in Seafield, though unfortunately inside out of public eyes. I’d expect more being delivered over the next fortnight where we should be able to catch a glimpse.

It certainly is nice having the luxury of double decks on them at the moment, the 30 is busy as it always is and i've had trouble keeping time on the 38 this week with passenger numbers so hopefully the new buses will have more capacity. The only reason there's 2/3 double decks on the 36 in the week at the moment is because there's only 40 7900s for a PVR of 36 as apart from the odd journey it's dead - though I can see it picking up when the schools/universities go back full time.

I'd say the 2 could cope with single decks - only the odd morning/evening journey i've done would have felt uncomfortable on a single deck with social distancing and with the 30 now being every 10 minutes the capacity isn't needed so much between Niddrie and Surgeons Hall.

Obviously passenger numbers are (thankfully) starting to grow week on week, but as you say I can see at least the 2/24 going back to single deck operation and when passenger numbers are back to what they should be i'm hoping/guessing social distancing won't be as stringent or in force so it'll just be business as usual.

Bus9120UK

Established Member

Lothiangem22

Picture of 1126-28 found on Flickr.

Front branding on the windows Replaced with contactless payments accepted.
What annoys me is how 1126's fleet number is lower than the rest!

looks like the seats haven’t been replaced either. I wonder if these will be used at float buses or if they have another plan for them...

CN04NRJ

Established Member

Thought these had been sold to Stagecoach? :lol:

So much wibble on social media, at least this picture will shut them up.

Is it just those three? I was thinking today that the B7s at East Coast probably won't be around much longer, if there had been more XLBs leaving Airlink I would suggest them going to City fleet and some B9s from City to East Coast. However ECB has seven B7s, so that swap probably won't be happening, unless City can afford to lose four deckers?

ScotRail158725

Established Member
704 SN55BKA spotted heading south on the A1 debranded just now.
good bus that one. did it have the yellow paint on it? none of the LC eclipses or Festival Travel B7TLs have had it they only had logos and fleetnumbers removed

Status
Not open for further replies.