• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

etetetetet

Happy to see none of the routes I use are getting changed. The 1 and 12 getting changed about suprised me

edit: Thinking about this does this mean we might be getting a depot swap for the 1 and 12? With the 12 operating out Central and the 1 from Marine

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sam120

has the 140 gone double decker?? noticed that all buses running on the route are double deck today

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
I believe so as in the FAQ’s there’s something about 104/X7 being moved away from Melville St

Aw yeah I saw that, surprised it’s not up at the same time LB and LCB announced their changes

Wonder if the X17/X18/X38 will pick up some extra bodies for serving RBS at peak times now

• PM1050765/20 Registered
    EAST COAST BUSES LIMITED

Route: Dunbar High Street to Dunbar Spott Road

Service number: X7

Service type: Normal Stopping

Effective date: 29 Mar 2020

• PM1050765/2 Registered
    EAST COAST BUSES LIMITED

Route: West Granton Scottish Gas HQ to Pencaitland via Brunstane, Musselburgh, Ormiston, Tranent

Service number: 113

• PM1050765/5 Registered
    EAST COAST BUSES LIMITED

Route: Edinburgh West Maitland Street to Haddington High Street via Musselburgh

Service number: 104

• PM1050765/9 Registered
    EAST COAST BUSES LIMITED

Route: Dunbar to Edinburgh via East Linton, Haddington, A1, The Jewel, Meadowbank

Service number: X7

Service type: Limited Stop

• PM1050765/11 Registered
    EAST COAST BUSES LIMITED

Route: Musselburgh, Seaton East, Longnidry, Aberlady or Gullane to North Berwick High School or Preston Lodge High School via Prestonpans, Longniddry, Aberlady, Dirleton

Service number: 124 (125, 126, 127)

• PM1050765/10 Registered
    EAST COAST BUSES LIMITED

Route: North Berwick Tesco to Edinburgh Semple Street via Dirleton, Gullane, Aberlady, Longniddry, Prestonpans, Musselburgh, Portobello, Meadowbank

Service number: 124 (X24)

• PM1050765/19 Registered
    EAST COAST BUSES LIMITED

Route: Dunbar or Haddington High Street to Fort Kinnaird or Musselburgh Tesco via Tranent

Service number: 106

• PM1050765/21 Registered
    EAST COAST BUSES LIMITED

Route: Edinburgh Semple Street to North Berwick Tesco via Meadowbank, The Jewel, Gullane

Service number: X5

Service type: Limited Stop, Normal Stopping

• PM1050765/31 Registered
    EAST COAST BUSES LIMITED

Route: Midlothian Community Hospital to Woodburn, Parkhurst Loan via Eskbank, Dalkeith

Service number: 139

PM1050765/32 Registered
EAST COAST BUSES LIMITED

Route: Penicuik Town Centre to Tesco, Musselburgh via Loanhead, Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith, Whitecraig

Service number: 140

Lothian City bus number 1 is showing as having been used on the X5 and X7 today, is this correct? If so, would this be the first time a 7900H has been to North Berwick or Dunbar?

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Lothian City bus number 1 is showing as having been used on the X5 and X7 today, is this correct? If so, would this be the first time a 7900H has been to North Berwick or Dunbar?

Yes, i've seen a photo of it.

tattyseal

PM0000002/4 Variation
LOTHIAN BUSES LIMITED
Route: Penicuik Deanburn, Eastfield Terminus
Service Number: 15
Effective Date: 30 Mar 2020

Interesting....

etetetetet

noticed after looking that the x15 was suspiciously absent, wondered why and I guess this is the answer

tattyseal

Seems odd that it's listed as a "Variation" when every other change says "Registered"?

All of the Leith walk services (11, 16, 22, etc) that are diverted and even the 12 which has been cut short are also registered as "Variation" so my guess would be that it got included as just a variation on accident, the registration has changed pretty substantially from the last one.

OmniCity999

Established Member
Services are marked as variation as they are on long term diversion as opposed to having their route changed.

The 15 is a trial.

https://eastcoastbuses.co.uk/eastcoastbuses-network-change/

EastCoastbuses Network Change
EastCoastbuses are introducing changes to some of our services from Sunday 29th March 2020 following customer feedback and an evaluation of our network.

Below is a list of the services which will see changes from this date. New timetables will be available to view later this week.

Service 104
Revised route and timetable – buses will now operate to the West End, Athol Place, and start from West Maitland Street.

Service 106
Minor timetable changes, including earlier Sunday morning bus from Haddington to The Fort.

Service 113
Minor timetable changes on all days of the week to enhance reliability.

Service 124/X24
Minor timetable changes, including additional buses on Saturday daytime between Wallyford Park & Choose and the City Centre.

Service 125
No changes.

Service 126
No changes.

Service 127
No changes.

Service 139
Revised timetable to coordinate better with Service 140. The early morning/evening frequency is reduced to hourly on Mondays to Fridays.

Service 140
Improved Sunday timetable with the introduction of an earlier morning and later evening return trip from Musselburgh to Roslin.

Service X5
A new earlier morning journey on Mondays to Fridays is introduced from North Berwick to Edinburgh and a later evening journey on Mondays to Saturdays is introduced from the City to North Berwick.

Service X7
Revised route and timetable – buses will now operate to the West End, Athol Place, and start from West Maitland Street. An improved frequency will be operated at peak times on Mondays to Fridays.

Service N106
No changes

Service N113
No changes

Service N124
No changes

NOTE: ALL daytime services from the City will no longer observe Stop PK on Princes St (outside Jenners). Nighthawks will continue to serve this stop.

https://twitter.com/EastCoastBuses

oldman

Not running up Lothian Road and round Tollcross should be an improvement. I guess the extra 124s from Wallyford means a cut in the 26 as on Sunday. I wonder if there any more reductions hidden in the changes.

You'd think they could make up their mind about the 15/X15. It's never going to be busy off-peak so tinkering won't make much difference.

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
Not running up Lothian Road and round Tollcross should be an improvement. I guess the extra 124s from Wallyford means a cut in the 26 as on Sunday. I wonder if there any more reductions hidden in the changes.

Is the 124 changing terminus too?

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Possible 2 birds 1 stone option:
Reinstate the 15/X15 through but via the Jewel, A1, QMU and into Musselburgh as per the 30 to relieve some pressure on the singles at that end?
via Fort Kinnaird instead of the Jewel would be the better option

OmniCity999

Established Member
via Fort Kinnaird instead of the Jewel would be the better option

Leaving the 30 as it is until Newcraighall village then Clayknowes Road and straight to Lidl and back onto route would be a good start.

The 15 could then run to Waterloo Place, Meadowbank house, Mountcastle Drive, A6106, Fort Kinnaird, A1, QMU, Stoneybank Terrace, Stoneybank crescent, monktonhall Terrace, Tesco, Musselburgh Highstreet and onto Prestonpans via Wallyford Park and Choose.

The 15 would then run through relatively quiet places (the only pinch points being Milton Road - Fort) but also create great links for residents and potentially faster links to both Fort Kinnaird, QMU and the city for different markets.

If said route proved successful, it could then run on Saturdays and Sundays regularly and replace some short 124's from Wallyford Park and Choose.

Both routes would overlap in relevant places to allow people to change.

Last edited:

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Leaving the 30 as it is until Newcraighall village then Clayknowes Road and straight to Lidl and back onto route would be a good start.

The 15 could then run to Waterloo Place, Meadowbank house, Mountcastle Drive, A6106, Fort Kinnaird, A1, QMU, Stoneybank Terrace, Stoneybank crescent, monktonhall Terrace, Tesco, Musselburgh Highstreet and onto Prestonpans via Wallyford Park and Choose.

The 15 would then run through relatively quiet places (the only pinch points being Milton Road - Fort) but also create great links for residents and potentially faster links to both Fort Kinnaird, QMU and the city for different markets.

If said route proved successful, it could then run on Saturdays and Sundays regularly and replace some short 124's from Wallyford Park and Choose.

Both routes would overlap in relevant places to allow people to change.
I assume with the 30 it would be Newcraighall Village, Newhailes Road then straight to North High St?

For me something would need to do the current 30 section between Fort Kinnaird and North High St (including around Stoneybank), the area doesn’t really need a link to the city centre as it has the station but the links to/from Fort Kinnaird and to/from the town centre are almost always busy.

The idea with the 15 works although I’d find it likely that Clayknowes Crescent/Road not having the link to Fort Kinnaird (111 covers Musselburgh connection) might cause a few to complain. Then again ECB could divert 106 that way and/or extend 140 to Fort Kinnaird, assuming 15 was every 30 mins then that would still give the current 5 buses per hour that the 30 does. I wonder if that proposal could run as the X15 (matching stopping pattern of X5/X7 as far as the changeover point at start of The Jewel).

etetetetet

one of the big problems with the 30 is that it's one of the only buses that really reaches the fort at a decent speed, adding more usage on it than is really necessary.

If you were to route the 15 through the fort (on a faster route than the 30 at that), you could relieve a lot of traffic. If not that even just extend the 4 or 5 down to the fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.