• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedbirdA350

923 was out today so new windscreen and thtat looks like all that needed replaced. Hopefully both the pedestrian and driver are okay though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
20942*'s tracker has been turned on for test purposes. It's not back yet. We're testing different tracker functions.
On that subject - it would be quite nice to see how late a particular bus is on the TfE app - i.e. the difference between scheduled time and expected time - wonder if this could be passed onto the IT team?

Weemidi135

On that subject - it would be quite nice to see how late a particular bus is on the TfE app - i.e. the difference between scheduled time and expected time - wonder if this could be passed onto the IT team?

Wrong place to request this really

Jordan Adam

Established Member

I doubt they would as then the average punters would be able to see how many services don't run on time...

VioletEclipse

I wonder if Lothian are going to reduce their frequency soon with a lot less people travelling, and to stop people from making unnecessary journeys

overthewater

Established Member
Clevery timing for Lothian. However Surely the 100 will get axed? if there are any passengers there can use 200, 300 or 400. or the tram. I can't see the tours running next week,,,

OmniCity999

Established Member
Clevery timing for Lothian. However Surely the 100 will get axed? if there are any passengers there can use 200, 300 or 400. or the tram. I can't see the tours running next week,,,

It wouldnt be Lothians decision to axe the 100. The airport still needs serviced. To service it, you need staff, for staff you need transport. If any Airport service was to be cancelled, it would be the Skylinks.

SpeedbirdA350

I can see them (if the contract permits, if not, then special permission might be worth requesting) for the 100 to be reduced from every 10 minutes to every 20 minutes or even every 30 minutes but I can't see it being pulled altogether, even if the airport has no flights.

OmniCity999

Established Member
I can see them (if the contract permits, if not, then special permission might be worth requesting) for the 100 to be reduced from every 10 minutes to every 20 minutes or even every 30 minutes but I can't see it being pulled altogether, even if the airport has no flights.

It's likely that if there are any reductions, it'd be the 12,26 to the West End and the 100 would take up the slack.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Not what I was meaning but - as I haven't checked the new timetables yet - any significant frequency reductions?
26 is down to 10 mins, 44 to 12 and a few leith routes
Ye I was; I suspect they'll start running a christmas-style reduced service until the pandemic is over/travelling is safe again
coronavirus is nothing other than overcatastrophised, all it leads to is being unwell for a few days then you’re all good unless you’ve any underlying health issues or a weaker immune system. if there is any reduction in service id be surprised. people and the media make it out to be way worse than it is

SpeedbirdA350

all it leads to is being unwell for a few days then you’re all good unless you’ve any underlying health issues or a weaker immune system. if there is any reduction in service id be surprised. people and the media make it out to be way worse than it is
Unless you're a carrier and pass it to someone who has a weakened immune system or elderly...

DunsBus

Established Member
The 100 is a contract. The city survived before Skylinks and it would have to during any cancellations, the 100 would stay, others would go.

Indeed. When flights were suspended ten years ago due to the volcanic ash from Iceland, the 100 still had to run despite there being no planes at the Airport end. And going back to the strikes in 2005, the 100 ran then too - albeit, not with Lothian vehicles.

VioletEclipse

26 is down to 10 mins, 44 to 12 and a few leith routes

coronavirus is nothing other than overcatastrophised, all it leads to is being unwell for a few days then you’re all good unless you’ve any underlying health issues or a weaker immune system. if there is any reduction in service id be surprised. people and the media make it out to be way worse than it is
It's a bit more serious than that imo, at least for the people who are at risk, which is a lot of people

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Ex-Londoners all getting T-Ads fitted.
Also, the gold stripe along the madder skirt panels is no more, 387, 389 & 420 all returned without it

Bus9120UK

Established Member
Also, the gold stripe along the madder skirt panels is no more, 387, 389 & 420 all returned without it
Intresting. Can't have an opinion until I see how it looks. Are there any photos anywhere? EDIT: I am referring to the gold stripe removed.

Jordan Adam

Established Member

Bringing in extra revenue through adverts and cutting down on costs when it comes to vehicle presentation... Halls departure already being noticed! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.