• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Group discussion (Lothian City, Lothian Country Bus and East Coast Buses)

CN04NRJ

Established Member
I’m right in saying all the B9s left in the fleet with the exception of possibly 841-850 are Euro 6 now?

Also looks like the bus that caught fire yesterday was either 409 or 414 as those are the only 2 that haven’t tracked since yesterday afternoon

841-850 are Euro 6 too. It was 405 yesterday that had a thermal incident.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Surreyman

If all the Lothian fleets are now Euro 6, that would suggest that they are unlikely to have bid for any Zero Emission vehicles in the latest round?

Volvodart

Established Member
If all the Lothian fleets are now Euro 6, that would suggest that they are unlikely to have bid for any Zero Emission vehicles in the latest round?
There was an option that bidders could get round the restriction of keeping the funded Euro 6 conversions for 5 years if they said in the application that the zero emission buses would replace them.

scosutsut

There was an option that bidders could get round the restriction of keeping the funded Euro 6 conversions for 5 years if they said in the application that the zero emission buses would replace them.
Did Lothian even get Euro 6 conversion funding? (I don't remember seeing it certainly in the later rounds anyway)

Self correction: they took £2.2m for 188 retrofits in BEAR phase 3 in 2020

Last edited:

Lothian Buses

On Moderation
According to bustimes.org, 3 eclipse 3's have the new EastCoastBuses & Lothian Country livery, is this true?

Lothian Buses

On Moderation
51, 52, 53 are mid repaint into this new livery hence the change.
Thanks! Excited for the updated livery.

What are all of the buses that are in for the new livery that everyone knows of including Lothian Country?

All of them I know of with/getting the new one are:

51, 52, 53, 181, 591, 592, 593, 940, 941, 943, 946, & 947.

Last edited:

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
What if it already went to ferrymill??? And it's going to Seafield soon?
As I said previously, it’s very likely that it’s in Newbridge. The timetable reduction means less buses are required and 10051 was already VOR for some time prior to coming back out.

Most of Lothian’s repaints are done at King’s (Grangemouth) these days, and not Ferrymill.

I don’t want to sound like a broken record on this but bustimes.org’s fleet list are never 100% reliable. It’s like the Wikipedia of buses, anyone can edit anything.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I don’t want to sound like a broken record on this but bustimes.org’s fleet list are never 100% reliable. It’s like the Wikipedia of buses, anyone can edit anything.
You're sounding like a broken record! :p

Seriously, though, I agree that caution is required when using bustimes.org as a source of fleet information. While I'm sure that most of the contributors have the best intentions, it would be rather easy for a wind-up merchant to make a few malicious changes.

The Mk1 eyeball is the best device for confirming when something has been re-liveried!

Lothian Buses

On Moderation
As I said previously, it’s very likely that it’s in Newbridge. The timetable reduction means less buses are required and 10051 was already VOR for some time prior to coming back out.

Most of Lothian’s repaints are done at King’s (Grangemouth) these days, and not Ferrymill.

I knew anyone could edi anything but is was just wondering if i was true. hanks!

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
You're sounding like a broken record! :p

Seriously, though, I agree that caution is required when using bustimes.org as a source of fleet information. While I'm sure that most of the contributors have the best intentions, it would be rather easy for a wind-up merchant to make a few malicious changes.

The Mk1 eyeball is the best device for confirming when something has been re-liveried!
Agreed. I’ve seen numerous errors over the past few months, in fairness to them they’re usually resolved fairly quickly but it’s often the case that somebody who has read the inaccurate info then believes it to be true.

In the case of 10051 if it was at Seafield, the apparent centre of the world (just off West Africa) or near the Forth I’d say it was being repainted. The fact it’s showing as being in Newbridge means the AVL is likely still on.

Busman757

All repaints are now done at Ferrymill.

Service 45 returns on Monday 24th.

Bus9120UK

Established Member
From what I can see 10051 is VOR at Newbridge and only 10052/3 are getting repainted just now.
51-53 & 422 all went to Newbridge prior to their repaints, it's more than likely the tracker has frozen at Newbridge. (attached an image showing the 4 buses sitting in line at Newbridge prior to them heading to Ferrymill) Same goes for bus 358, which the map clearly shows as have travelled to Ferrymill today but showing at Newbridge on the visualiser. If you date back to 11th of December on 10051, it is seen travelling between Seafield and Newbridge. The same date can be checked for 10052/53, as well as the 12 of December for 10052/10053 with a map en-route to Ferrymill. All map info is from bustimes, and despite being unreliable at times, it in most cases shows correct route maps.
1642696511980.png

Last edited:

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
51-53 & 422 all went to Newbridge prior to their repaints, it's more than likely the tracker has frozen at Newbridge. (attached an image showing the 4 buses sitting in line at Newbridge prior to them heading to Ferrymill) Same goes for bus 358, which the map clearly shows as have travelled to Ferrymill today but showing at Newbridge on the visualiser. If you date back to 11th of December on 10051, it is seen travelling between Seafield and Newbridge. The same date can be checked for 10052/53, as well as the 12 of December for 10052/10053 with a map en-route to Ferrymill. All map info is from bustimes, and despite being unreliable at times, it in most cases shows correct route maps.
View attachment 109040
Interesting to see 358 is away for repaint, hopefully they finally finish that batch. Nearly 11 years old and that’s some of them just going for a first repaint now.

Looking at 10051, I think you’re right it’s glitched and frozen. Just seems strange that it’s the only one to have done that but I’m sure it’ll be back with a new coat of paint in the coming weeks.

In fairness I’ve never criticised the map data for bustimes.org, which is a useful feature. I’ve merely (definitely too much) said that the fleet list data should be treated with caution.

The only thing between all these feeds (bustimes, TfE, VE, LVF and others) that I don’t understand is they always have slight differences in places, most of the data matches but sometimes it doesn’t match up, usually small details though.

oldman

They are saying they hope to return to weekday timetables from the 31st, which would then include the normal 45.

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Interesting that the 45 will now also go up Regent Road vice York Place, London Road, Leith Street etc. Wonder if Lothian are planning to consider more as these emergency diversions happen?