• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Group discussion (Lothian City, Lothian Country Bus and East Coast Buses)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

660 & 661 are there too now.

It was never confirmed it would be a 30/30/30 split between the three depots so all these 651 onwards could all be going to Longstone. Wait and see what happens before saying these are going here these are going there

Transfers often aren't orderly - in the real world it's not usual for a fleet to be split up and moved about as needed. Out of sequence fleetnumbers aren't even a concern :)
Ahh right, I'd just assumed that it would be the 30 per depot system :).

Lothian_Bus

Given that all the XLB's went to Central along with one of the 'newer' batches moving from Longstone to Central (441-465) I was expecting the majority of the new buses to be concentrated at Longstone/Marine. Those that remain from 301-330 must be on borrowed time now though.

Ricky Kane

According to the Lothian Offical Q3 fleet list, 181 is now back on the Livingston fleet list & 301 - 324 is now homeless.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Nothing from Lothian to Ensign in September but some onwards sales:

Volvo B7RLE SN55BJU : Juliane Hillman Uckfield

Volvo B7RLE’s SN55BJJ / K - A. M. Jacques Ltd Bedworth Warwickshire.

Volvo B9TL’s SK07CCA / CBV / CBU / CBO / CAX : Imperial Coaches, Slough.

Volvo B9TL’s SN08BXX / BXZ / BYA / BYD / BYF / BYG : Skills Coaches, Nottingham.

Volvo B9TL’s SN08BXU / BXS : Grant Palmer, Dunstable.

Volvo B7RLE’s SK07CFZ / CFV Volvo B9TL SN08BYO : Heyfordian, Bicester.

Lothianbus703

Don't know if this is on topic of not but are there any companies that operate ex lothian eclipse 1's in Scotland (preferably near Edinburgh/Falkirk/Central Scotland area) that aren't Horsburgh or Hunters of Alloa (also preferably not school buses).

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Don't know if this is on topic of not but are there any companies that operate ex lothian eclipse 1's in Scotland (preferably near Edinburgh/Falkirk/Central Scotland area) that aren't Horsburgh or Hunters of Alloa (also preferably not school buses).
No

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Seems to be some movement of buses tonight, some early 400s at Marine and a few London B9TLs at Central. Seems to be random so far e.g 411 at Marine, 1006 at Central etc.

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Seems to be some movement of buses tonight, some early 400s at Marine and a few London B9TLs at Central. Seems to be random so far e.g 411 at Marine, 1006 at Central etc.
Hopefully those ex London’s are all coming back to Central, whilst they’re smaller I prefer them over the native ones. 1050 was always the smoothest of those.

Can imagine there’s a fair bit of shuffling to come, but hopefully 401-425 stay at Central.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Hopefully those ex London’s are all coming back to Central, whilst they’re smaller I prefer them over the native ones. 1050 was always the smoothest of those.

Can imagine there’s a fair bit of shuffling to come, but hopefully 401-425 stay at Central.

I didn't mind them either, I've got 1011 to look forward to this afternoon. Just a shame that it doesn't look like Central is getting any of the new ones.

Last edited:

Lothian_Bus

601-630 today being shared between the 3,25 and 44 as opposed to just the 25 and 44. Only two of the 71 plates out just now from what I can see.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
601-630 today being shared between the 3,25 and 44 as opposed to just the 25 and 44. Only two of the 71 plates out just now from what I can see.
It seems possibly and likely that up to 675 at least will go to Longstone to allow the Ex London stock to go to Central in turn allowing 401-425 to go to Marine and withdraw the SN09/59 plates there which dont seem tk be coming off the road in order

Bus9120UK

Established Member
Something interesting to see was 304 SN09 CTX on the 30 today.
I've had a look, and according to the maps, the bus seemed to have gone into Musselburgh depot before completely teleporting back into Marine, also to note is that whatever bus was on the 30 left Central garage this morning - so it could've not been 304 at all therefore. Alongside this, there's no chance it managed to get through the bridge!

Last edited:
I've had a look, and according to the maps, the bus seemed to have gone into Musselburgh depot before completely teleporting back into Marine, also to note is that whatever bus was on the 30 left Central garage this morning - so it could've not been 304 at all therefore. Alongside this, there's no chance it managed to get through the bridge!
Possible ticket machine swap then?

CN04NRJ

Established Member
I doubt it's a swap, but rather a second bus had it's ticket machine changed to 304 due to an error causing the odd glitch we saw today.

The trackers are hard coded into the AVLs, not machines as far as I know (except the new buses without AVLs).

When it was last at Central it was smooth because it hadn't been remapped like the others, but because of that it was slow as hell and was usually running late with no prospect of making up time anywhere.

It's been improved since then, I did drive it pre remap though and I concur!

Last edited:

CN04NRJ

Established Member
They're recruiting qualified PCV holders for Lothian now - first new intakes except for internal transfers since February 2020.