• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Love at First Sight' for Essex passengers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
An unimaginative idea from First Essex to entice potential customers over the forthcoming Valentine's (shudder) period...

From Sunday 10th of February, to Sunday 10th of March, we're giving you the chance to take part in our Valentines campaign and win a ROMANTIC MEAL FOR 2.

If you have found love on one of our services, or are looking to meet that special someone, simply pick up a card and fill in your details. Then, if you think you've found the love of your life, hand them the card and let cupid do the rest.

If you think your story is one we would love, then fill in the online questionnaire below and you could win a ROMANTIC MEAL FOR 2*

'Love at First Sight' Entry Form

*A meal for 2 to the value of £50 will be issued to the customer in voucher form. Our competition is open to all persons 16 years and over. All persons entering our competition are expected to act in an appropriate non - offensive manner. We expect all participants to be considerate, polite and genuine when using our message cards available on bus. First strongly advise against any inappropriate behaviour towards any person partaking in the initiative.

Only in Essex :roll:

The most amusing thing about this promotion in my opinion is the last sentence. The connotations such a statement could potentially have! Still, if I was in Southend during that time, it might have been worth considering...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

F1Ken

No thanks!

I'd rather they just put the bloody heating on!:-x

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Railway romanticism may have worked better in the days of compartment carriages, but these days with any old Tom Dick or Harry wandering past and spilling their coffee all over you it seems a bit far fetched :lol:

341o2

Established Member
try some episodes of On the buses (ITV4)

With a Carry On thread already on this forum, I was reminded of I'm sorry I'll Read That again's send up of from Russia with love - secret agent Cliff Hanger-Ending on the 3.17 to Cleethorpes with several British Rail jokes

C H-E "Sitting opposite was a ravishingly beautiful girl. Suddenly she leant over and kissed me with abandon. Then she took the band off, and kissed me again. I knew she was in trouble - or she would be if she kept kissing me like that."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.