• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

PudseyBearHST

Maybe you guys are about to get an assessment invite rather than just going on hold.

Wow haha I never thought about it that way. I just assumed anyone who didn't get the email didn't meet the benchmark and were going to get the dreaded email of rejection over the next few days.
Thanks for keeping the positive spirit :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
So the current night tube drivers are jumping the que to get a full time role? Or they are on hold to allow csa through?

It's not just CSAs that move into the Train Operator role - I know of people from other departments who applied in the last campaign and have been successful in securing a Train Op position.

Tron81

It's not just CSAs that move into the Train Operator role - I know of people from other departments who applied in the last campaign and have been successful in securing a Train Op position.

Just out of curiosity.. to anyone who knows, once your under the TFL umbrella whether that be via coach station staff to bus station controllers, do you all get access to TFL internal jobs I. E. Underground train op?

Last edited:

Sparrow

Just out of curiosity.. to anyone who knows, once your under the TFL bells whether that be via coach station staff to bus station controllers, do you all get access to TFL internal jobs I. E. Underground train op?

There is an internal website which has internal jobs and is accessible by all TFL staff

Jetlagged

Just got this through;

Further to your recent application for the role of Train Operator - Night Tube PT, I am pleased to confirm that you have met the required benchmark in the Situational Judgement test which you completed and you will be invited to attend an assessment centre.

As there has been considerable interest in this campaign, it will take some time to progress all candidates through the application process. A member of the Recruitment Team will therefore contact you in due course when further assessment dates are available; full details of the assessment centre and what it entails will also be sent as these become available.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your patience and wish you every success with your application.

Soooooo, that's what the email looks like, now can I have mine please?

Last edited:

slidingdoors

Out of interest did you guys / girls that have already attended the assessments get the same mail? Or were you just sent an assessment invite directly? (no 'we'll get back to you')

Last edited:

chooochoooo

I had invite to ac1.the email wasnt like that..there was a link in it to book the ac1.no "wait and see email". I did ac1 on 29th april and im still waiting to hear back

slidingdoors

Cool thank you and good luck. I get the feeling they're hedging their bets a little bit against those currently going through the assessments. I.E if they find enough from the current candidates they'll just pull it and not invite anyone else.

chooochoooo

I dont think they know themselves what to do! Lol. What annoying is ive done ac1,just tell me ive failed already please!put me out of my misery.why keep me waiting for the last 10 days

for anyone who has taken the assessment, how soon before the assessment do you get the practice material, and how similar was it to the actual tests ?

RJ

Established Member
Just out of curiosity.. to anyone who knows, once your under the TFL umbrella whether that be via coach station staff to bus station controllers, do you all get access to TFL internal jobs I. E. Underground train op?

Yes - anyone on the TfL payroll can apply for internal vacancies!

Tron81

Well I finally got an email after waiting from the 25th of march... it wasn't a rejection but wasn't a progression either.. weird as I haven't come across it on this thread unless I missed it... basically saying I done very well but I haven't met the "current" benchmark but the benchmark is under review so I will be put on hold and updated in a month's time :-?

Last edited:

Sparrow

Also had the same email :(

Basically we are waiting to see how the next batch do.

Last edited:

Tron81

Also had the same email :(

Basically we are waiting to see how the next batch do.

Yea kind of gathered the same, so if the next lot of applicants are unsuccessful then they will give us a try but looks like we're the last lot to go through if they give us a chance.

Last edited:

Sparrow

I believe the sjt and the ac1 should be combined.

I'd agree. Thought the SJT was fairly standard, with only a couple of contradictory questions. Oh well at least I won't need to check my emails every 10 minutes. :)

Bit gutted just had a rejection from Chiltern Railways as well. :( Good luck guys.

R9mmel

SJT and AC 1 is very straight forward if they go changing benchmarks I will feel cheated

PudseyBearHST

Well I finally got an email after waiting from the 25th of march... it wasn't a rejection but wasn't a progression either.. weird as I haven't come across it on this thread unless I missed it... basically saying I done very well but I haven't met the "current" benchmark but the benchmark is under review so I will be put on hold and updated in a month's time :-?

Yup got the same email.

Thank you for your recent application and for taking the online Situational Judgement test for the position of Train Operator 018717.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in updating you; whilst you performed well in the online test, you haven’t met the current required benchmark to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process. However, at this stage we would like to keep you on hold as we may review this benchmark in the future.

You do not need to do anything, and you do not need to contact us, we will simply keep you at an on–hold status and update you again in a months’ time.

Jetlagged

And another "not yes, not no but maybe in the future" here.

The wait continues.

tubespark

London Underground must be close to reaching its quota to fill these vacancies. They are trying to strike a balance between number of interviewees already in the process, and the number of fresh interviewees to invite. The last thing they want to do is interview a perfectly good candidate who passes all tests, only to find that there are no more vacancies left to fill. I know it is painful, but there's little point in pressuring LU to interview you. Wait, and let nature run its course. If there are enough fails at AC2, the best AC1 scorers will be invited to AC2. And once this wave is complete and there are still vacancies available, the best SJTs will be invited to AC1 and then AC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.