• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lumo journey experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamn

Was on the 05.45 KX-EDB yesterday, which happened to be Lumo's first birthday.
An uneventful journey enlivened by bright blue Lumo cupcakes being served in celebration after Newcastle!

Three things I did note:
Now only 4 unreserved seats in Coach E
Interiors are already looking pretty battered - lots of stains on the seats and the table next to me wouldn't stay up
A huge number of people appear not to turn up for their booking. My coach was pretty much fully reserved aside from those 4 seats, but I'd say it was maybe only 50% full.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greyman42

Established Member
A huge number of people appear not to turn up for their booking. My coach was pretty much fully reserved aside from those 4 seats, but I'd say it was maybe only 50% full.
That's a lot of no shows. So, am i right in thinking that these no shows would not be able to travel on any other service and so lose their money?

Haywain

Veteran Member
So, am i right in thinking that these no shows would not be able to travel on any other service and so lose their money?
There's no way of knowing what type of tickets those people held, so we can't know whether they had other options.

Haywain

Veteran Member
So what type of tickets can you buy for Lumo services?
Flexible tickets for Lumo only, flexible tickets for any operator, and then there are things like Britrail passes and All Line Railrovers. And probably several more.

387star

On Moderation
There appears to be a design flaw with the fold down tables? My cup of hot tea almost went flying. No cup holders?

dan4291

There appears to be a design flaw with the fold down tables? My cup of hot tea almost went flying. No cup holders?
No cup holders on the tables, but once it's folded down you can pull it towards you which reveals an area which I think has enough room for a hot drinks cup to stay secure.

387star

On Moderation
No cup holders on the tables, but once it's folded down you can pull it towards you which reveals an area which I think has enough room for a hot drinks cup to stay secure.
The tray table kept dropping and the seat was stained (flat cloth?)

Status
Not open for further replies.