• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Luton Airpot shuttle bus - no tickets available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panceltic

Hello,

I am trying to buy a St Pancras > Luton Airport return ticket online (with shuttle bus included) but I just get an error (no journeys available that day). Is this a glitch in the system or am I missing something else?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ys123

Hello,

I am trying to buy a St Pancras > Luton Airport return ticket online (with shuttle bus included) but I just get an error (no journeys available that day). Is this a glitch in the system or am I missing something else?

Thanks
Have you tried it on different websites?

mallard

Established Member
The fares show up for me on Red Spotted Hanky (and presumably other WebTIS sites) and on East Midlands Trains (since they operate the fast services to Luton, I thought they were worth checking). Both sites seem to think the bus is a RRB and issue an appropriate "warning" though...

Panceltic

Oh I am terribly sorry, I should have mentioned that I am trying to book tickets for June (specifically 5 June). East Midlands Trains don't show any tickets either for this date.

ys123

Oh I am terribly sorry, I should have mentioned that I am trying to book tickets for June (specifically 5 June). East Midlands Trains don't show any tickets either for this date.
Tickets are available for 5 June without the shuttle bus.
Realtimetrains only shows the shuttle bus till 19 May - http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sea...18/05/19/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

20 May - http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sea...18/05/20/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

philjo

Established Member
They probably haven't loaded in the new timetable for the shuttle bus?
i had a similar problem last year trying to book a through fare for a bus from Taunton to Minehead - as it was shortly after the timetable change, the bus times had not been updated so the journey planner could not sell the ticket.
I bought mine at the ticket office as it was a normal off-peak return.

baz962

Established Member
Forget that mate, it's officially actually six, I worked at the airport up until 6 weeks ago, and a couple of my good friends drive that bus. I was chatting to one two weeks ago, and she said they move every six, of course traffic willing, which is murder at the airport. My wife still works there and she left Bedford at 05.15 yesterday, got to Luton airport approach road at 05.50, and took 30 mins to get up to terminal.

Panceltic

Thanks everyone! I will just wait a bit and hope it will be loaded into the system soon. It is a normal walkup ticket anyway so there's no need to rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.