• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Luton - Luton Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic2009

Established Member
Does anyone know if there is a local fare for this journey on the 757 route?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

busestrains

On Moderation
Does anyone know if there is a local fare for this journey on the 757 route?
Yes ordinary Single and Return tickets are available on the 757 between Luton and Luton Airport and vice versa just like on the A and 100 routes. So you can indeed use the 757 for this journey. I am not sure what the current price is but it was £2.40 Single and £3.60 Return a few years ago when i used the 757 for this journey. With the new government fare offer i presume it is £2.00 Single and £4.00 Return now probably.

Man of Kent

Yes ordinary Single and Return tickets are available on the 757 between Luton and Luton Airport and vice versa just like on the A and 100 routes. So you can indeed use the 757 for this journey. I am not sure what the current price is but it was £2.40 Single and £3.60 Return a few years ago when i used the 757 for this journey. With the new government fare offer i presume it is £2.00 Single and £4.00 Return now probably.
755/757 are not participating in the fare cap, according to the gov.uk website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/2-bus-fare-cap#south-east (content not posted, as it amounts to 82 pages).

A0wen

On Moderation
Yes they are.

Not sure that's right where the 757's concerned - there was a thread on this a couple of days back where I pointed out that Arriva's website say's not. (The thread say's 755, but it's the same for the 757).

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Not sure that's right where the 757's concerned - there was a thread on this a couple of days back where I pointed out that Arriva's website say's not. (The thread say's 755, but it's the same for the 757).

Apologies if that's not right then, the last I knew there was something where only Luton ENCTS cards were valid for free travel. We used to have to dupe the 0915 from Luton to London which would be full by the airport but its not my operating area now.

Worth noting that anything referring to 755 does not necessarily apply to 757.

A0wen

On Moderation
Worth noting that anything referring to 755 does not necessarily apply to 757.

According to Arriva's current timetable, the 755 is simply from Leagrave - Luton Station for a couple of journeys, where it becomes a 757.

Status
Not open for further replies.