• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Madrid airport to Atocha Satation

Status
Not open for further replies.

afc75

I have a RENFE train from Madrid Atocha to Seville with Cercanías Combinado on the ticket (and AVE if it helps).

Can i get from Airport T4 to Atocha on this ticket for free? Its only €2.60 anyway, more the hassle of buying a ticket.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nwales58

Yes. C1 or C10 from the T4 station. If your ticket has a little barcode on it try that on the gate scanner or wave it at staff for them to show you how. If not, you go to a machine and enter the ticket reference to get a Cercanias ticket.

If coming back, at Atocha, once on the bridge follow the signs for Aeropuerto which takes you through a Cercanias ticket gate and a lift to the Cercanias platforms.

dutchflyer

Established Member
Check in which terminal your plane arrives-there are 2 main Terminals at a fair distance between them. Metro serves both.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Check in which terminal your plane arrives-there are 2 main Terminals at a fair distance between them. Metro serves both.
If you're coming in at T1 or T2 then it's probably quicker to get the yellow bus direct to Atocha taking 20-30min, although it can be crowded. The Metro journey requires two changes and the inter-terminal bus to get the train at T4 seemed pretty slow. I don't know if through train tickets are valid, but was 5 euro last summer.

Just noticed a post on another thread that Atocha Metro is currently closed: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/trainspotting-at-madrid-atocha.256521/post-6464836

Last edited:

dave75

Thanks all, FWIW, the express bus from T1 (203 i think) was €5 and very quick. Unless you are landing in T4, i think that is the best option 4 Atocha.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Barajas T4 is for Iberia and Oneworld carriers, so includes BA and Vueling, and is a spacious modern terminal.
UK LCCs (eg easyJet, Ryanair) seem to use T3 in the old airport which houses T1/2/3 and is likely to be congested and rather shabby.
The metro links both terminal areas and the city centre, but is not direct to Atocha.
There is a free inter-terminal bus (T4 to/from T1/2/3) but it goes out of the airport site and uses the local motorway network to reach its destination, so allow half an hour.
The Cercanias route from T4 to Atocha via Chamartin is direct and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.