• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Maidenhead to Watford Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.

ess

What's the best option for a day Travelcard type scenario starting in Maidenhead am peak, going to central London, out to Watford then back to Maidenhead?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I suspect a paper Maidenhead - London Zones 1-6 Travelcard and a Boundary Zone 6 - Watford Junction return.

kieron

Established Member
I think the first thing I'd do with something like this is to put your plans into the TfL single fare finder to work out how much it would cost to do everything you intend to do with a contactless card. This may be affected by capping, depending on how many other journeys you intend to make, but I don't know how that works.

If that's not an option, and if you're not going to Watford until after 9:30, one possibility is:
£13.50 anytime travelcard zone 1-4
£11.10 anytime day return Maidenhead-Southall
£5.90 off peak day return Boundary Zone 4-Watford Junction
£30.50 total

You don't need to catch a train which stops at Southall in either direction. It's simply a station in zone 4 which is on the line I assume you would use to get into London.

Last edited:

njr001

Consider where you want to go to in Watford. You may be able to save a bit using ‘The Met’ and a moderately pleasant walk through the park or along Cassiobury Park Avenue to the town centre depends on your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.