• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Making commuting more fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfletcher54734

hey im doing a uni project on improving the work commute, if anyone has the time please give me your please fill in this survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8PXN3FL

I'm thinking of a magazine where commuters can send things in that will become the content of the magazine, let me know if you think this would be a good idea

Cheers Damon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DXMachina

Bring back slam door stock - nothing beats the fun of hurling yourself out of a moving train to be the first at the ticket barrier

Also, its a darwinian incentive - I'm pretty sure if we still had slam-doors there wouldn't be as many chavs as the genes would have been eliminated from the pool..

Geezertronic

Established Member
I don't care as long as I get to my destination quickly and safely. I have my own onboard entertainment thanks to my fruit based phone, apart from that I'll close my eyes and let the tilt of the 390s relax me :D

VTPreston_Tez

I don't care as long as I get to my destination quickly and safely. I have my own onboard entertainment thanks to my fruit based phone, apart from that I'll close my eyes and let the tilt of the 390s relax me :D

It doesn't apply to everyone, e.g. I get sick on tilters so some commuters have issues there.

Mike C

My "fruit-based phone" nearly got launched out the window of a 365 last week as it seems to cease functioning as a phone at speeds above about 30mph. My robot-based phone doesn't share the same issue, however far from creating yet another fruit/robot debate, my preferred entertainment on my commute involves a small device consisting of hundreds of very thin sheets of paper with writing on them, bound together in a specific order. The batteries never run out, it works in tunnels and doesn't cost me £30 a month.

amcluesent

They should follow the airlines and recruit hotties on the trolley in FC. Some eyecandy in K, L, M would be welcome.

Michael.Y

Established Member
They should follow the airlines and recruit hotties on the trolley in FC. Some eyecandy in K, L, M would be welcome.

It certainly is ATW's policy anyway. I didn't get my job because I was good at maths. I filled in half the application form, had a cup of tea, came back and filled in the other two thirds. :lol:

SS4

Established Member
I cannot complete a survey that uses the wrong form of "your" (q5) ;)
if your [sic] a magazine reader that is, what do you mainly look for, e.g. funny pictures, stories

Is it a coincidence that KLM is a Dutch airline? :p

I'm really not fussed, wifi would be nice but the two things I'd want most are incompatible with commuting: personal space and quiet.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Given that Metro is available at stations country-wide and several operators have their own, poorly stocked, free onboard monthly magazine, I can't really see any point to a new publication- and there would be nowhere for it to be distributed.

Yew

Established Member
Exactly with the funny guards. More trains having wifi would make my commute happier

Ill agree there, If EMT have WIFI on hst's that do journioes of around 2 hours, why cant sprinters that can be on journeys of similar times?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
If i was given carte blanche to murder (or at least maim) people who annoyed me on the train i would have a much happier commute! Are manners such an alien concept to cockneys/nearly cockneys?

rdwarr

Drivers can brighten up the morning journey by stopping 15 feet short so that all the commuters who got to the platform early to give themselves a chance of a seat by waiting by the where the doors normally are end up having to stand.
Yes, I was that commuter this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.