• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Man tries to board train with pony in Wrexham"

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonrakerz

FZ5S7SD0KS.jpg

OK, OK - you were eggactly right !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
And for our Welsh speakers......

ARRIVA......

GwasNAAAAAYeth Cymru! ;)

I think the Irishman was very caring in using the lift over the line, it saved the pony climbing the stairs.
Was the pony barred from travel because it was grey,perhaps it may have a case against ATW in the equalities & diversities
tribunal.

Bob

Last edited:

Oswyntail

Established Member
Apparently the man and his pony turned up at the local hospital, where he tried to get it looked at by a doctor. I understand he (and, presumably, the pony) have been taken into care. Another sad tale of a life going wrong.

Captain Chaos

I reckon this has to be a hoax/practical joke now. Trying to board the train seemed a bit mad but I am sure this wouldn't be the first time we have heard people trying to board a train with 'unusual' items/things. But to go to an A&E? And a pub? In the same day?

This has to be a practical joke.

Midlandman

Must be something about this line. A few weeks ago I got on a train at Wrexham to go to Chester and sitting opposite me was a girl with a duck (in the approved pet carrier etc etc).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

theblackwatch

Established Member
I might have to start issuing warnings if people continue to trot out these poor jokes! ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
So if he was trying to sell it, why on earth did he try and board a train with it? Can't think of many people boarding a train wanting to buy a pony.
I assume he thought he could sell it in another town along the line?

I doubt he was trying to sell it on the train!

(Besides, ponies bought on board, where there was opportunity to buy before boarding, would be at the full rate with no discounts ;))

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

(Besides, ponies bought on board, where there was opportunity to buy before boarding, would be at the full rate with no discounts ;))

What about split ponying or break of pony are those permitted or not?

Captain Chaos

I assume he thought he could sell it in another town along the line?

I doubt he was trying to sell it on the train!

:lol:

I assumed that. Just playing dim. ;)

Mind you, given that he was trying to sell the pony in the pub I wouldn't have put it past him to try and flog him on the train.

WestCoast

Established Member
You can lead a horse to Arriva, but you can't force it on! That would be animal cruelty.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Footage has emerged of the man trying to bring the horse into a local pub, and get it treated at a hospital.

jon0844

Veteran Member
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/environment/trains-to-have-full-pony-access-by-2015-201105203846/

THE shake-up of Britain's rail system is to include a multi-million project to make all trains, stations and platforms pony compliant within four years.

The changes have been approved after a Highland pony failed to board a carriage at Wrexham earlier this week after becoming spooked by the gap between the train and the platform.

Improvements will include the introduction of wider access barriers and pony ramps as well as employing 1,000 'pony whisperers' to announce updates over the tannoy system.

Kernowfem

I think the man may be slightly unstable. Perhaps the local mental health team are chomping at the bit to reign him in?

They have been saddled with an odd case this time ;)

*gets coat*

bus man

I think the man may be slightly unstable. Perhaps the local mental health team are chomping at the bit to reign him in?

They have been saddled with an odd case this time ;)

*gets coat*

and passport please

Status
Not open for further replies.