• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mandated vaccines for care work

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNova

So if the Government then mandates that everyone should be injected with an ID chip so they can use it as a Covid passport which will be read as you go into crowded indoor venues, airports, etc etc , you're OK with that?
That's not going to happen is it? I really wish people would stop being so melodramatic around this topic, take a step back and properly think about the situation.

Covid is going to be endemic, it's here to stay. Vaccination is proven to be an effect measure against serious disease. Care workers work with those most vulnerable, it's completely logical they should have to be vaccinated to protect those they care for. Complaining about that as some kind of stripping down of civil liberties is a bit like complaining you can't become a lorry driver without having passed your driving test.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RuralRambler

As far as I am aware, only surgeons are under any requirement to have a Hep B vaccine, and only before performing certain high risk procedures.

This requierment will expand the number of coerced people by several orders of magnitude.

Especially as it has now leaked that all healthcare staff will be under the same requirement
My sister is a dental nurse and hep B vaccine is a compulsory requirement.

Snow1964

Established Member
So - right to protest effectively abolished, it is now effectively illegal to leave the country, and now the Government is going to dictate that healthy people have medical treatment in order to feed their families.

They are not things that happen in a free society.

Something has gone terribly, terribly wrong with this country in the past year. We are in very deep trouble.

That’s the downside of first past the post voting system that gives a majority Government, they can do whatever they like, however bad it is

nlogax

Established Member
So if the Government then mandates that everyone should be injected with an ID chip so they can use it as a Covid passport which will be read as you go into crowded indoor venues, airports, etc etc , you're OK with that?

That's a daft idea. Think how large the needle would have to be :D

nlogax

Established Member
Nano ID chips could easily be injected through small needles as part of vaccine administration. The technology has existed for quite some time

Whether or not this would ever happen is anybody's guess and is pure speculation on my part

In the context of Covid treatments I think we can firmly establish that nano id chips and similar tech sits happily in the field of science fiction.

MikeWM

Established Member

You're a step or two ahead. First the 'Covid passport' will be on phones. Over time people will find all sorts of practical problems with that - people can't afford phones, the battery dies, there will be issues with forgery, etc. At that point injectable chips during vaccination will be offered as a 'convenient, affordable' alternative. Once takeup is sufficient then the alternatives will be phased out and everyone will need to have the ID chip.

Am I being flippant? Perhaps. But little would surprise me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.