• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Marylebone to Stratford Upon Avon Aug 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda Pattison

Canadian here, and I must get from Marylebone London to Stratford Upon Avon August 9 2015. First, to get close to a location like the Swan Fountain which station do I choose? And how would I know if there are railway interruptions on the line that date? Bus looks bad for that day, not any early runs. Suggestions greatly appreciated. ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
The National Rail Enquiries site is useful for keeping track of upcoming engineering works on the railway.

You can use the journey planner, here:
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/MYB/SAV/090815/0830/dep

And there is also the "Future Engineering Work" page here to keep track of any planned disruption to the service:
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.aspx?TravelDate=09/08/2015&TOC=

If these pages are up to date, it doesn't look like there are any engineering works affecting the London Marylebone to Stratford route on the 9th August.

Are you referring to the swan fountain near the River Avon in Stratford upon Avon? If so, then there is only one railway station in the town, so you have a choice of one. :)

Last edited:

Linda Pattison

Thank you so much, I know that work is often done on lines on week-ends, this sounds like it may work, and I will bookmark the link and check before Aug 9. This is a reunion of friends and I would never try a rental car as we drive on the other side. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.