• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Medical - False ECG referral for Echocardiogram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
If the leads are in the wrong order then it gives very strange readings.

This causes nurses or hcas to call for investigations.
If we are talking about the ‘limb leads’ that are attached to the body, they can go pretty much anywhere. If it’s the end attached to the machine that may be slightly different, as I’ve never had experience with this (if indeed they do plug in to the machine or are permanently fixed?). The leads themselves (the sticky bits/dots) can be attached to arms/legs/torso or whatever and still have the same effect.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sw1ller

Established Member
I’m no expert on where the leads can or can’t go. I’m just going off the horror stories told to me by the drivers involved with it. No nice at all.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
You can’t really get the electrodes in the wrong place. There’s no specific order to them really.

Correct electrode placement is crucial, especially leads V1-V6 around the "angle of Louis" in a 12-lead system

We don't know either whether the OP had a screening ECG (5-lead system) or diagnostic (12-lead) initially

But all this is hearsay now as thankfully for the OP, a normal ECG was obtained

Elecman

Established Member
You can’t really get the electrodes in the wrong place. There’s no specific order to them really.
Oh yes you can and it happens more frequently than you imagine especially when the leads are in a birds nest

dwizzle123

When I recently had an ECG the nurse did not seem confident in the placement of the leads. When the results were printed out, I’m not expert but even I could see the graph was wonky as anything and looked far from normal.

Referred to the doctor who advised that “either the last three people to have a reading are having heart attacks, or there’s an issue with the machine”.

He listened to my heart for a little while and gave the all clear. Medical passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.