• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Megabus Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel3982

Does anyone know if Stagecoach are winding down Megabus plus services from the North.

Reason I ask is while you can book megabuses up until October on most routes, Megabus plus has been stuck on the 19th May for a month or two now. Not only that but all Tuesday and Thursday services prior to this seem to have been removed from the booking engine now too when they were previously bookable.

My Mrs has been wanting to book from York down to London on the 25th May for ages & in the meantime train prices have gone up quite a lot.

Unfortunately there is no normal megabus alternative from York.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

This is interesting.

I started using this Megabus Plus service back in November 2009. Think you are right - the services are being wound down. As for service beyond 19 May, it may be that I've not loaded up reservations beyond that date.

National Express from York to London is £9.50 one way (AP fare), 09:45 departure, arriving London Victoria 15:15.

mbonwick

Established Member
I wouldn't be so sure about MBP being completely wound down - 5 Volvo B12Ms have just been painted into said livery to replace the B10M coaches.

It's possible that there will be a service reorganisation/reduction however.

overthewater

Established Member
A number of service changes are due to take place around 20th May, not sure of the details but I lead to believe you can now start booking for rest of the summer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.