• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Member of gateline staff at Oxford station remembered by staff/public

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickswift99

From the Oxford Mail
Steve Cross said:
"OXFORD’S railway station was brought to an emotional standstill yesterday as staff, family and passengers remembered a “top bloke”.

Father-of-two Steve Cross, 38, left, from Cowley, who worked on ticket barriers at the station for eight years, died of a suspected heart attack at his home on Saturday.

Rail staff, British Transport Police officers and passengers observed a minute’s silence as the station came to a standstill at 11am yesterday.

Mr Cross’s family including his two daughters, Sophie 11, and Amy, 8 and his mother Deborah Kingsman, crowded around tributes by the barriers left in his memory."
Full story at http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/11...ilent_in_tribute_to_employee_Steve_Cross__38/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I've met this guy at Oxford station and had numerous conversations with him, what a tragedy.

Thoughts to his family.

Chrisgr31

Established Member
Don't know him or travel through Oxford station, but what a lovely act of rememberance.

Antman

Established Member
From the Oxford Mail

"OXFORD’S railway station was brought to an emotional standstill yesterday as staff, family and passengers remembered a “top bloke”.

Father-of-two Steve Cross, 38, left, from Cowley, who worked on ticket barriers at the station for eight years, died of a suspected heart attack at his home on Saturday.

Rail staff, British Transport Police officers and passengers observed a minute’s silence as the station came to a standstill at 11am yesterday.

Mr Cross’s family including his two daughters, Sophie 11, and Amy, 8 and his mother Deborah Kingsman, crowded around tributes by the barriers left in his memory."

Full story at http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/11...ilent_in_tribute_to_employee_Steve_Cross__38/

What a really nice gesture

Suraggu

I had the pleasure of working with Steve and you could of never meet a nicer bloke. He was a welcoming, friendly kind and caring chap who I had huge respect for.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
It's always especially sad when someone dies with a young family. I hope the tributes, both the minute's silence and those here, will provide a little comfort at what must be a very difficult time for his wife and children.

455driver

Veteran Member
38 is no age, my thoughts are with his wife and family.
Its nice that the staff wanted to do this for him, he must have been a lovely bloke, I hope this gives his wife just a little help in this very difficult situation.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Don't know the bloke but thoughts are with the family. As I visit Oxford from time to time I probably walked passed him. Very nice thing to do have a minutes silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.