• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mersey Electrics Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
There was a post the other day about an eBay lot for a day out with Mersey Electrics.

Well I won it!

Chuffed to bits.

Cab ride, signal centre and traction works visit.

Plus lunch and two return tickets to Liverpool.

It was run by the Railway Benevolent Fund.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
That looks like a bloomin nice day and I wouldnt have minded winning it, pity I didnt see it though! <D

Please let us know how it goes.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Well my Father and I went up to Liverpool on Sunday night ready for our day on Monday.

We reported to the HQ at 10am to meet our contact. She passed us on to a driver who took us in the cab out to New Brighton then back to Birkenhaed North. Class 507 iirc.

The drivers position was a tad cramps for me so maybe my dream of being a driver is finally put to bed!

There we had a trip around the maintenance depot although some what shortened by them not having safety shoes in our size :cry:

It would seem engineers are a smaller breed these days!

We then went to the control centre at Sandhills, it was good to learn that the Merseyrail guys have good banter with the Network Rail folk in there. Oh and it is the last time I adjust my pants in a lift, they ARE watching you everywhere these days!

We then had a lunch in then Marco Pierre restaurant and received a goodie bag of Merseyrail stuff.

We still had our day pass so we could have gone anywhere but we headed back South before the rush.

All in all a great day and the staff we met were all first class, really friendly and knowledgable as well as giving the impression it wasn't a chore.

A credit to Liverpool

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Seems you had a very good time.:D

We reported to the HQ at 10am to meet our contact. She...

Let me guess... were her initials JN? She lives up to her very appropriate surname doesn't she?

The drivers position was a tad cramps for me so maybe my dream of being a driver is finally put to bed!

Don't give up - it's only that cramped in the PEP series of units. The vast majority of cabs are somewhat bigger than that.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Glad you had a great day out! From this and what I've heard elsewhere, Merseyrail are certainly quite a lovely bunch of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.